What's new

King of the Hill: Season 1, 6/24 (1 Viewer)

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Fox has set a date for King of the Hill: Season 1. June 24 is the big day...

Specs:[*]Full Frame 1.33:1[*]English Dolby Surround, Spanish Dolby Surround, French Dolby Surround[*]Spanish dubbed, French dubbed, Spanish subtitled[*]Running Time: Disc 1 - 115 Min., Disc 2 - 92 Min., Disc 3 - 92 Min.[/list]Disc 1:[*]Commentary: 4E01 Pilot, 4E03 The Order of the Straight Arrow[*]Becoming King of the Hill Featurette[*]Easter egg: Mowing Lesson with Charlie[*]Deleted scenes: 4E01 Pilot (2 scenes), 4WE02 Square Peg (4 scenes), 4E03 The Order of the Straight Arrow (5 scenes), 4E04 Luanne's Saga (3 scenes), 4E05 Hank's Got the Willies (3 Scenes)[/list]Disc 2:[*]Commentary: 4E07 Hank's Unmentionable Problem, 4E06 Westie Side Story, 4E08 Shins of the Father[*]Dale's Conspiracies: Global Warming, Sex Ed, Bob Dole, Stealth Helicopters, Things Just Disapear, Smoking, Stonehenge[*]Meet the Hills: video, and stills: Hank, Peggy, Bobby, Luanne, Dale, Boomhauer, Bill, Cotton[*]Main Title w/alternate
music themes (TBD)[*]The Do's and Don'ts of KOTH[*]Deleted scenes: 4E06 Westie Side Story (6 scenes), 4E07 Hank's Unmentionable Problem
(5 scenes), 4E08 Shins of the Father (2 scenes), 4E10 Keeping Up With Our Joneses (10 scenes)[/list]Disc 3:[*]Commentary: 4E11 Plastic White Female, 4E13 King of the Ant Hill, 4E12 The Company Man[*]12 Season 1 Promos, 1 network promo[*]Barnaked Ladies music video[*]Thank You from Production[*]Deleted Scenes: 4E09 Peggy the Boggle champ (11 scenes), 4E11 Plastic White Female (4 scenes), 4E12 The Company Man (4 scenes and alternate ending), 4E13 King of the ant Hill (5 scenes)[/list]Set will retail for $39.98. Amazon is already taking pre-orders

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
as I recall, the animation was quite rough the first season, but chances are I'll be able to pick this up for $25 or so, so I probably will,

Any idea why they have so many deleted scenes? It's a tv show, so they knew what length things had to be ahead of time.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I genuinely can't think of a release I've anticipated more for the last few years. I hope you'll excuse my lack of exclamation marks.

I'm of the controversial and minority opinion that King of the Hill is the best American comedy show of the 90s (and beyond).

Bring. It. On.

Best DVD news I've heard in some time. King of the Hill is truly one of the funniest TV shows ever, and it was so right from the very first episode.

Anyone who like Beavis and Butt-Head will appreciate King of the Hill (for obvious reasons).

Can't wait! :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Itellyouwhatmanthisisawesomenewscan'twaittogetthes edangoleDVDsmanlovethoseshinylittlediscsandlovethe HillsexceptforPeggyshe'sannoyingbutwhaddayagonnado she'sHank'swifeandthenthere'sBobbythatboyain'trigh tanddon'tgetmestartedonDaleandBillanywaybringemonb ringemonman!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Anyone who like Beavis and Butt-Head will appreciate King of the Hill (for obvious reasons).
Well, I never liked Beavis and Butthead, but I think King of the Hill is one of the best TV shows of the 1990s, and I will be picking up this set.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Woohoo, I will be picking this up as soon as it is released.
Hopefully the seasons will be pumped out more quickly than the Simpsons molasses schedule. Now all we need is cover art...Patrick?

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
This looks great (I just hope it sells well enough to justify releasing the other seasons). The show got faster-paced later on, but it hit its stride pretty quickly in terms of characterization and stories, and some of the early episodes are my favorites, like the first appearance of Cotton ("Aw, a Shelley Hack! That's like gettin' a Shemp!") and the episode with Bobby and Luanne's "practice head." And I miss the days when Luanne was living with the Hills (I appreciate that the show was willing to shake up the formula by moving her out, but her presence was so annoying to Hank, and anything that annoys Hank is funny). And let's not forget Dooley: "This party is boring. Everybody hates you."

I just hope Mike Judge is involved in the commentaries -- IIRC Fox didn't want the voice actors of "The Simpsons" to be involved in commentaries, but Judge is the co-creator/producer so they can't (or at least shouldn't) leave him out even if he is the lead voice actor.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Well, I never liked Beavis and Butthead, but I think King of the Hill is one of the best TV shows of the 1990s, and I will be picking up this set.
And conversely, I loved B&B but never much liked KotH. Especially after it started becoming really Bobby-centric.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
This, Family Guy, and Simpsons. Looking like it will be a good year. I'm only disappointed about the limited commentaries.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I didn't get into King of the Hill until last year and now I devour each episode, loving the 2 daily reruns locally. Will be picking this set up.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just hope Mike Judge is involved in the commentaries -- IIRC Fox didn't want the voice actors of "The Simpsons" to be involved in commentaries, but Judge is the co-creator/producer so they can't (or at least shouldn't) leave him out even if he is the lead voice actor.
The Futurama DVDs have cast commentaries. There was another thread about this and I don't remember all of the details, but I think that the "no cast commentaries" thing only applied to the Simpsons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks