What's new

New cover art: Star Trek Nemesis (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess this won't be a special edition matching Paramount's latest ST offerings. I guess we'll be waiting a few years for that one. I also could do without the blurb on the front.

Ric

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Well, it is rumored to include director commentary and deleted scenes. It's just not a 2-disc set from the looks of it.

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I thought that 'Nemesis' was as bad as they come. Only Star Trek V is worse and not by much. Sometimes I wonder if someone is trying actively to kill the ST franchise.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I have never been a big star trek fan, although I did occasionaly watch the TV show The Next Generation. This is the first Trek movie I have seen, and I throughly enjoyed it. So did the lifetime Star Trek fan I watched it with.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
I am a huge ST fan and I feel that this was the worst ever, even worse than ST 5. Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner's interference and involvement in the script was a prime example of actors trying to be bigger than the story.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
its a copy cat of Wrath of Kahn.
Mmmm.and my big beef with it was that it was a carbon of "Insurrection." just the names and places changed.

However, in terms of the DVD, I'll buy because it IS, after all, Star Trek. The anomoly that is commonly known as ST V, was so far off what Star Trek was that I have never owned it in any format and still feel completely safe in claiming that I have all the Star Trek films.

Not even a Shatner-approved SE coulod have redeemed that film, and Paramount is justified in denying him that opportunity. Even if all film can be called 'art,' some art is so bad that it mitigates it's own right to exist. ST V was so bad that deeming it so, isn't even an opinion; it is simply self-evidently so.

Nemesis also missed the mark, but at least carried some merit with great visuals, a good score, and a story line that at least was not so patently pretentious as ST V.

Of course...that's just my opinion!

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not that much of a Star Trek fan but (maybe because of that) I really enjoyed this movie (although my favorites remain The Voyage Home and First Contact).

I'll definetly get this DVD.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's definately only behind First Contact as the Best TNG film. Is it similar to Khan, yes it is, but it was still a decent Next Gen film. Many made their mind up to hate this film after reading drafts of the script. Then as soon as berman came out and said the film was cut 45min (All films get editted before being released) fans revolted and many that crucified the film did not even see it. They complained the little Details were lost, no lore explanation, Why was Wesley there, Why was Worf there. Etc

In other words they picked Nits and decided to hate the film. Meanwhile Paramount decided they needed the film to fail so they scheduled it against LOTR's Two Towers against even Harry Potter was Anemic.

Then the Die Hard Fans came on the Net and despite not seeing the film they Spewed much Vile Commentary on it encouraging other fans to stay away. The Handling of Enterprise by the B&B team also figured into this hatred and fueled it. Meanwhile the mainstream somewhat burnt out on trek also stayed away.

Did I miss anything here.

Bottom Line Rent it and decide for yourself. It's not all that bad.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be - I resisted seeing it for a few weeks becuase I havent been happy with Trek in a long time. DS9 last season was horrible.I hated Voyager and saw only 2 or 3 episodes of Enterprise before I gave up on that one.

There was ALOT cut from the movie - so if the DVD is a Dir Cut (as it should since theyve been revisiting the Trek films as Dir Cuts) then Ill buy it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Movie is the Director's Cut, however there will be deleted scenes on the Disk but not incorporated in the film.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yup. Most folks either loved it or hated it. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground at all. :)

Personally, I loved it, and I'm lookin' forward to getting the DVD.

(And for the record, I thought DS9's final season was great, Voyager sucked, and I'm really enjoying Enterprise. I can't understand how people who claim to be trek-fans write off a new series after 2-3 episodes. Have you watched the first 2-3 episodes of TNG lately? They aren't exactly awesome... nothin' personal JonZ ... to each their own. :D )

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I'm just disappointed with the storyline and how it all focused on Picard and Data all the time. When will they give the other characters a chance to shine rather than glorified cameos"

This has been my biggest beef with TNG movies as well especially concerning Riker and Gordi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks