What's new

What Electronics are YOU Interested In? (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
As you probably already know, we've been stepping up the electronics offered in the Home Theater Forum Deals page, located here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/deals/deals.php

In general, we've been posting the things we're interested in, but would love to hear from you. If we have enough people interested in certain items, we can try to work out some special deals for you guys, with improved pricing. Everything you purchase through this section will help support Home Theater Forum.

So please do let us know in this thread what you're interested in. Also, let everyone else you think may be interested know. Let's get some deals going. :)

BTW, this is crossposted in the Receivers/Separates/Amps section of the forum. You don't need to post in both places. We'll see em.

Ottis Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I got my home theater set, with up to the minute every thing. My next purchase is going to be an antenna to get radio stations from further away then the nearest city (Pittsburgh), a nice universal remote with an LCD screen to control all my equipment, eight remotes is just to much, and a visit from someone from the ISF to do some fine tuning on my television. I would all so like to get some nice home theater furniture, starting with a recliner.

Scott McC.

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see some more deals on furniture/speaker stands/remotes, mainly because that's all I can afford right now after my new P.C. ;). In the future though, I'd like to see far more projectors offered on sale, along with DVD players (onecall could make a kill on Panny's), and mayhaps some other assorted deals. Really though, their prices are great already, but I know the forum would love to see more sales.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I will be in the market for a tube-based pre-amp for my 2 channel listening pleasure within the next 6 months.

Doug

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Currently I'm looking for a DD/DTS receiver, universal remote.

Also, raw speaker parts, DIY cable parts.

Oh.. and a component video cable for my PS2. :)

Al_M

Stunt Coordinator
I definitely need an HD receiver! Would also be interested in music/mp3/digital photo servers and associated networking equipment? I know I'll be in the market for one when the technology matures a bit more. Also DVD+-R/RW drives.

ButchR

Auditioning
I'm seeking a great deal on a 16:9 front projector. How many lumins I need is unknown, suggestions are appreciated.

I'd like to know what the best bang for the buck is in the "money is no issue" "$4000 or less" and the "$2000 or less" categories.

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I also would like to see deals on furniture and things of that sort. TV Stands, cool DVD racks, accessories, stuff like that. There are literaly hundreds of deal sites like AT, FW, DVDTalk and even GotApex ;) that have deals on cameras, pda's, and PC stuff. Not many on high end televisions but on definitely on tube sets up to about 32"-36".

I'd like to see this forum dedicated to finding the other accessories involved with HT and the neat things that go along with it. If we focus on the things that everyone else posts we'll be another fish in the pond. I guess I like being different :D

Mike_Sidden

Auditioning
Well since I'm here,

I'll be in the market for a RPTV, preferably the Sony WV700, in the next few months. An HD receiver is a cool idea, but I won't be able to afford one of those for a while after the TV purchase. :) I'm heavy into wood working as a hobby outside of computer networking and home theater. I built my own DVD cabinet and a set of speaker stands for my dad. My next project is my own entertainment center to house the RPTV.

Thanks

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
DLP FPs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case you didn't get it the first time...

DLP FPs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Lund

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the market for a new large RPTV or front projector, a HD tuner/receiver, and a video scaler.

Steve Griswold

Stunt Coordinator
I would definitely be down for a group buy on a Loewe Aconda 32" TV. :)

I'm not kidding, either. I've lusted after this set for a while and if I could ever get it for a decent discount I'm more than happy to go into debt..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks