What's new

What Electronics are YOU Interested In? (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
As you probably already know, we've been stepping up the electronics offered in the Home Theater Forum Deals page, located here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/deals/deals.php

In general, we've been posting the things we're interested in, but would love to hear from you. If we have enough people interested in certain items, we can try to work out some special deals for you guys, with improved pricing. Everything you purchase through this section will help support Home Theater Forum.

So please do let us know in this thread what you're interested in. Also, let everyone else you think may be interested know. Let's get some deals going. :)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I second the idea of reasonably-priced SACD players. I would also think that DVD-Audio machines would be a nice touch, only to give more HTFers the experience of hi-rez audio. A nice selection of pre/pros wouldn't hurt either :)

Jonathan T

Second Unit
I second the Pre/pro thing. I would like to see a pre/pro that is really just a reciever without the amps and is geared more toward the lower end. I think the cheepest Pre Pro is 900, and I don't really know why. It's just a processrr. Also, better stereo receivers with digital inputs.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Another sale on the Harman/Kardon AVR-525. I was broke when OneCall had the first one. :frowning:

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
How about good old stereo receivers and integrated/power amplifiers? We don't see enough of those around here nowadays, and such deals would be of interest to those looking at music performance primarily. Of course, I don't even know if many places sell those anymore. :)

BrandonB

Agent
Damn. I guess I should have looked around some more. I just paid $417 for an HK AVR-320. For $80 more, I could have had the 520. Wish I knew.

Paul cbc

Stunt Coordinator
Gabriel,

I'll put in another plug for reasonably priced SACD players. I'm looking for the 755 as well.

paul

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I've been trying to keep an eye out for a good sale on Harmon Kardon receivers myself. I keep seeing sales on other receivers, but rarely the HK325 or 525.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Brandon - take it back if you can. Get the upgrade bug like the rest of us.

I'm interested in DVD recorders for transfering my old VHS tapes to the DVD format and also my newer Sony HI 8 Digital camera.

I'm also interested in power conditioners and am getting to set to do some research.

Later this year I'll be upgrading my sub.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
DVP-CX875P (Progressive Scan)

Manufacturer: Sony
Part Number: DVPCX875P

VSX-49TXi

Manufacturer: Pioneer Elite
Part Number: VSX49TXI

TX-DS989 Ver. 2

Manufacturer: Onkyo
Part Number: TXDS989VER2

Denon AVR-5803

Manufacturer: Denon
Part Number: AVR5803

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks