What's new

Children of Dune March 16th on Sci-Fi (1 Viewer)

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
So anybody looking forward to this? You can check out trailers, interviews and other stuff down at the official site. Im one of Dune fans who enjoyed Sci-Fi's Dune when it premiered so im really looking forward to COD, it's looking like to me it will be even better than the first, can't wait.

http://www.scifi.com/dune/index.html

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Farscape will air beyond March so you'll still have it.

I'll just wait for the DVD set like I am now with Taken.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Sci-Fi channel already doesn't exist for me, just the new episode of Farscape that shows up in my TiVo each Friday. When those episodes disappear, so will Sci-Fi.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I didn't care for Dune so I doubt I'll tune in to Children much. Also, put me down as another Farscape watcher who's finished with the SciFi Channel.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i was excited about children until i saw the web page, haven't some of the actors changed from the first miniseries?

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I'll definitely be watching it, even if I wasn't a big fan of the sequels. The original had some warts but was still a worthwhile adaptation.

But I agree with those who feel the Skiffy channel has run its course. The whole "we don't want no shows about space and starships but bring on more Bullshit Conversations with the Dead" mentality has left me as raw as a chance meeting between a belt sander and me grundies.

Then again, Riverworld might be interesting. Maybe.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I've been annoyed that they doubled the Age of Leto II and Ghanima, but the trailers have convinced me that it's worth watching, hearing Ghanima saying "he was always the stronger" and Paul and Leto discussing the Golden Path sent absolute chills down my back, and made me actually want to the series. the glimpses of the SandTrout makeup were interesting, but offputting by the "I've seen the matrix" come hither Leto does in his big showdown in Arrakeen. It appears that this might be an interesting adaptation that is passionate even if it isn't all that well executed (just like the original series); which makes it worth watching for me, I suppose.

I can't help thinking that it would take real balls and a hellaciously talented director to make this series with ten-twelve year old Leto and Ghanima, that would be something truly worth seeing.

It also seems from the looks of things that they're going to gloss over and summarize Dune Messiah pretty quickly, my guess is that they get the events of that book out of the way in the first hour-hour and half of the first installment so that they can then focus on the more actiony Children of Dune elements. :*(

Adam

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody know if they will be repeating Dune prior to this installment?
They should be having like a Dune marathon leading up to COD on Sci-Fi.

Actually I don't get Sci-Fi anymore even when I did I didn't care much for it. Hopefully they'll have a quick and decent DVD of COD after Sci-Fi runs it.

Kami

Screenwriter
The original was a BIG guilty pleasure of mine...and I say guilty pleasure because most people I know hated it.

I am really looking forward to this...especially the DVD release.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Anybody know if they will be repeating Dune prior to this installment?
Yes.
I scan the whole schedule every month, day by day, scheduling all the Sliders, Now & Again, Strange World, etc reruns and they will not only repeat Children of Dune's each of 3 new episodes like 4 times, but you can catch all first 3 on 16th March 15:00-21:00 and 23rd March 11:00-17:00
Or just buy the cheap director's cut DVD set, it's great.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
In agreement with the earlier posting.

I no longer have time to give to viewing shows aired on Sci-Fi Channel.

I may rent the Children of Dune mini-series when it debuts on DVD later in the year.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Heres an asinine article about how Dune parallels the war on Iraq, "sands of Arrakis sounds like sands of Iraqis". A full review would have been nice. I only post it because it states that the entire production was shot in HD. That should really benefit those who buy the DVD.

I liked the first installment and I look forward to this as well.

Ralph

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As others have said, Sci-Fi is dead to me. Other than Farscape, I'm not watching. I'll wait until "Children" comes out on DVD.

Jason

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure what's up with the anti-SciFi sentiment here. I think they were justified in not continuing Farscape. They've done great things with SG-1 and Dune.

Alas, I doubt I can watch this. Between Six Feet Under, Queer as Folk, and an HBO film with Jessica Lange and Tom Wilkinson "Normal", I'll either have to catch it when it runs again, or when it hits DVD.

I will most certainly be spinning up my DUNE SE again in the near future though.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer

...don't forget "Dreams with Annabelle & Michael", "Crossing Over with John Edwards" and one must not forget "sure to be a classic"... "Tremors - The Series"!

SCI-FI channel is clearly moving away from regular programming that is intelligent and well written.

Now I realize that the fault is not entirely that of SCI-FI Channel's programming department, and that there are financial issues involved, but to replace something with such a wide canvas of story possibilities with "Tremors"? I am with those who won't be watching SCI-FI Channel after Farscape leaves the airwaves. It is no longer listed among the "favorites" in my satellite's menu.

...just my two cents! :D

Ron McBadger

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure what's up with the anti-SciFi sentiment here. I think they were justified in not continuing Farscape. They've done great things with SG-1 and Dune.
We have debated and talked about this long enough...we have fought for our show...when Farscapes run ends on the Sly-Fi channel it gets removed from remote/vcr/tv...in the future when channel 51 (Charter) comes up...I will only get a blue screen which when thinking about will be alot better then the "dren" that they will be trotting out over the next year...Battle Star-Buck as a female, Sex-Dreams, Ghost-Talker, and the Steve Keaton show.

And borrowing a line from history and one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever.......for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!

That being said...get up to speed my friend...read the primer link below.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/primer.php[/url]

And watch one of the greatest shows that you, I or anyone have seen on TV in our lifetimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks