-

Photo

Any GC Mario Kart News?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Shayne Judge

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted February 08 2003 - 06:30 PM

As the title states, I am looking for any news, video clips, or pictures of this game that is suppose to be in progress.

Anyone?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Philip_S

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted February 08 2003 - 07:04 PM

Everyone knows it's "in progress" and presumes it to be Nintendo's first online title. Nothing concrete and no screens yet.

A while back in EGM, I think, Miyamoto hinted that the new Mario Kart would be vastly different, possibly including Sonic as a character.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Neil M

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator

• 240 posts

Posted February 08 2003 - 07:58 PM

It's on Nintendo's 2003 release list. There's only been one video that I know of and it doesn't show any gameplay. I would expect that we'll see lots more at E3. I want this game so badly. Mario Kart defined my freshmen year in college.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   BrandonG

BrandonG

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted February 09 2003 - 09:56 AM

Miyamoto did say in a interview that if he did show screen shots it would give something away about the game. Online play perhaps? I wish I could remember where I read this but it was from a reputable website and a direct quote.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Christopher P

Christopher P

Supporting Actor

• 564 posts

Posted February 09 2003 - 11:41 AM

Mario Kart defined my freshmen year in college.
Just freshman year? Seems like it dominated my entire college life. Apparently it was a kick for my roommate and his friends to play this high. Listening to Bob Marley. At 3am. Posted Image

Chris

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,684 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 04:02 AM

Dang I'd like to know if this title is going to be out soon. There's a deal on a Gamecube and my girlfriend loves Mario Party, but I don't want to buy the system for just one game (and I already own an XBox and most games I play are cross platform and I already own for that system).

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 04:28 AM

Nintendo's already announced several titles to be released as late as August, with no Mario Kart news in sight. I would guess that we might see something at E3--for maybe a possible Thanksgiving-timeframe title. I don't believe that Nintendo has any other huge games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) in the works for their "big" Christmas game this year, so maybe Mario Kart might fit that bill.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Philip_S

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted March 25 2003 - 06:42 AM

Nintendo's big titles for the holiday season are the alleged "World Smash" titles, which are supposedly online enabled, Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf being the most likely suspects