What's new

Any GC Mario Kart News? (1 Viewer)

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
As the title states, I am looking for any news, video clips, or pictures of this game that is suppose to be in progress.

Anyone?

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Everyone knows it's "in progress" and presumes it to be Nintendo's first online title. Nothing concrete and no screens yet.

A while back in EGM, I think, Miyamoto hinted that the new Mario Kart would be vastly different, possibly including Sonic as a character.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
It's on Nintendo's 2003 release list. There's only been one video that I know of and it doesn't show any gameplay. I would expect that we'll see lots more at E3. I want this game so badly. Mario Kart defined my freshmen year in college.

BrandonG

Agent
Miyamoto did say in a interview that if he did show screen shots it would give something away about the game. Online play perhaps? I wish I could remember where I read this but it was from a reputable website and a direct quote.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Just freshman year? Seems like it dominated my entire college life. Apparently it was a kick for my roommate and his friends to play this high. Listening to Bob Marley. At 3am. :angry:

Chris

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dang I'd like to know if this title is going to be out soon. There's a deal on a Gamecube and my girlfriend loves Mario Party, but I don't want to buy the system for just one game (and I already own an XBox and most games I play are cross platform and I already own for that system).

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Nintendo's already announced several titles to be released as late as August, with no Mario Kart news in sight. I would guess that we might see something at E3--for maybe a possible Thanksgiving-timeframe title. I don't believe that Nintendo has any other huge games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) in the works for their "big" Christmas game this year, so maybe Mario Kart might fit that bill.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Nintendo's big titles for the holiday season are the alleged "World Smash" titles, which are supposedly online enabled, Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf being the most likely suspects

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks