What's new

"Sweet Home Alabama" problems & issues (1 Viewer)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Well I've gotten this DVD twice now at Best Buy and theres a pressing problem where at the chapter change into chapter 5 & 9 it shows the first subtitle of the moving and then shuts it back off, then at 51:42 in chapter 5 it does the same thing. It happened on both my copys same spot on both. I already called Best Buy they're going to refund me for it, also they seemed to have had other issues with it as well but I did not ask what they were. So if anyone plans on buying this or gets it please let us know of any other problems with the disc. Thanks.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Just a suggestion, if any mod happens to read this, can we make this the "official Sweet Home Alabama Problem Thread" so we don't get multiple threads on the subject (not that doing this will stop the madness anyways). :P

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I didn't have any problems with this disc. Which player do you have? It might just be player specific. I'm using a Sony NS700p.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Toshiba SD-2815 It hasnt done it on any other disc ones I've watched after SHA and ones before

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched it. The subtitles popped up 3 times. It was kind of annoying but it I will get over it. I am using an old Sony 550d. My wife liked it too much so I have to keep it.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
it really doesnt appear to be player dependent it looks as though it may be a batch or lot of the DVD if anything since it seems to be happening on quite a few different brands I'm just gonna wait a while to get another copy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I review all my films with subtitles ON. Did
not seen an issue with this on my Panasonic RP91.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Watched it last night on my Sony DVP-NC655P. Had exactly the same problem as described by JeremyFr. This is the first ever subtitle problem I have experienced on my machine.

Hmmm.

N

I had this problem as well. My player is the Sony NS700P and as was stated above this is the first time I have ever encountered this problem.

Scott

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Could be a combination of both. Maybe a bad batch of discs that only certain players have trouble with.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
still sounds like a pretty widespread problem then. Though it seems that Disney has had many issues with releasing DVD's a few I can think of was the one that switched from a kids movie to High Fidelity half way through, another is the virus that made its way into there duplication plant and out onto a DVD that was widely distributed. Sounds like maybe they need to up the budget for there quality control department.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I watched this at someone else's house last night and noticed the same thing. I had thought someone had accidentally hit the subtitle button the remote. We were watching on a Sony DVD player, a silver one, not sure of the model but it's not a very old one.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Yeah I talked to a lady at BB today when I took my 2nd copy back, she said some people's DVD's of the movie would actually show someone holding the Take sign and doing the whole scene 6 take 5 thing during a scene change in the movie.

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
Rented it from blockbuster over the weekend, no subtitle issues. Using an older Toshiba DVD Player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks