-

Photo
- - - - -

"Final Flight of the Osiris" to play in front of Dreamcatcher (The Matrix-related)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Vickie_M

Vickie_M

Producer

• 3,208 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 11:36 PM

This is an animated short which "serves as a prelude to The Matrix Reloaded" according to Entertainment Tonight. Joel Silver said "This short film sets up the whole story."

Dreamcatcher opens on March 21.
Favorite film of 2008 (so far): The Fall

Favorite films of 2007: There Will Be Blood, Across The Universe, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, Black Snake Moan

My Happy Rhodes MySpace page

#2 of 5 Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 7,977 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted February 06 2003 - 12:30 AM

I just saw 1.5 minutes of Final Flight (on ign), and "Woah!"

Looks great. The Animatrix DVD is fairly high on my want list now, just based on what little I have seen.

I was going to see Dreamcatcher anyway...this is just a bit of icing on the cake.

Take care,
Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#3 of 5 Brian Ford

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted February 06 2003 - 01:18 AM

Watched the clip and read the article on IGN.

It looks like many of these Animatrix short movies are based off the already published comics (posted on the official Matrix site), but have major additions or take the concept further. The latest release "The Second Renaissance" is based on the "B1 Trails" comic/story and it looks like the "Final Flight of the Osiris" is based on the "Wrong Number" comic.

As I expected, while the ending to "Wrong Number" is highly depressing, so is the ending to "Final Flight of the Osiris", as the IGN article states. With a title like "Final Flight" and the way the comics deal with death, I had a gut feeling of how this Square production would turn out. Sad, but still sounds like a thrilling ride. I just hope all of the shorts aren't major downers.

#4 of 5 Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted February 06 2003 - 05:41 AM

http://dvd.ign.com/a...5/385095p1.html

Looks great, more detailed than Final Fantasy. Is that Ving Rhames, Ming-Na, and Steve Buscemi as the voices?

~T

#5 of 5 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 05:44 AM

just saw this in the cinemas. Absolutely blown away and was over before you knew it

Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything