What's new

"Final Flight of the Osiris" to play in front of Dreamcatcher (The Matrix-related) (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
This is an animated short which "serves as a prelude to The Matrix Reloaded" according to Entertainment Tonight. Joel Silver said "This short film sets up the whole story."

Dreamcatcher opens on March 21.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I just saw 1.5 minutes of Final Flight (on ign), and "Woah!"

Looks great. The Animatrix DVD is fairly high on my want list now, just based on what little I have seen.

I was going to see Dreamcatcher anyway...this is just a bit of icing on the cake.

Take care,
Chuck

Brian Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Watched the clip and read the article on IGN.

It looks like many of these Animatrix short movies are based off the already published comics (posted on the official Matrix site), but have major additions or take the concept further. The latest release "The Second Renaissance" is based on the "B1 Trails" comic/story and it looks like the "Final Flight of the Osiris" is based on the "Wrong Number" comic.

As I expected, while the ending to "Wrong Number" is highly depressing, so is the ending to "Final Flight of the Osiris", as the IGN article states. With a title like "Final Flight" and the way the comics deal with death, I had a gut feeling of how this Square production would turn out. Sad, but still sounds like a thrilling ride. I just hope all of the shorts aren't major downers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks