What's new

April 1 Truffaut's Fahrenheit 451 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

Another "noggin" cover! How I do hate this lack of creativity & originality by the art directors of the studios. How is this release different than the prior release of this film on DVD?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
How is this release different than the prior release of this film on DVD?
Well so far it has inferior artwork...

The IMage disc is one of the best nonanamorphic transfers I've seen (along with Slaughterhouse 5). A new anamorphic transfer would be nice.

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
We're all tired of the mug shots. Film posters are art da**it! Go into any book store and check out all of the expensive coffee table variety tomes dedicated to nothing more than the beautiful, meaningful and historical art of movie advertising. Even with recent theatrical releases, such as Brotherhood of the Wolf, studios choose to disregard thoughtfully prepared movie posters in favor of blurred, uninteresting action head shots that say nothing what-so-ever about the films that they cover.
Incidently, I am sooooooo looking forward to this release on DVD. It has long been one of my favorite books and it's been years since I've seen this film!;)

Mike Click

Stunt Coordinator
Farenheit 451° needed for instaneous combustion, F. 451 books, also seen in movie Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusade. Books were being burnt, As Adolf Hitler passes 'Indy' gets a autograph in his dads (Holy) grail diary, in the movie of the same name.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
cover art is cover art... I'd like to know about the transfer and the audio mix. has any info been released yet?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from todays dvdfile update

Even more feature-packed is Fahrenheit 451. Presented in 1.85:1 and English mono, extras include an audio commentary by Julie Christie, the featurettes "The Novel: A Discussion with Author Ray Bradbury," "The Making of Fahrenheit 451" and "The Music of Fahrenheit 451," the original title sequence, a poster gallery, and the trailer. Retail is a mere $14.95 each.

great news as I did not think there would be any features at all, so that is a bonus and price is not bad either

:emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Heck, I'll buy it no matter what (and I already have the Image edition)... if for no other reason than the "Music of F451" featurette. Bernard Herrmann fans unite! ;)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Even if it is non-anamorphic(I don't care since I don't have a 16:9 TV & probably never will) & a recycle of the old transfer, I'll buy again for the extras included.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Anamorphic or not, I'm still getting it.

Gotta say though, Jeff - why don't you like 16:9 TV's?
Since I picked up mine the viewing experience has been a revelation.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Jeff - why don't you like 16:9 TV's
I'm afraid Sir that you are putting words in my mouth. I did not say I disliked 16:9 TVs. I don't have one & may not ever have one because of the cost. I said I did not care if the "Fahrenheit 451" DVD was anamorphic or not since with a non-16:9 TV I do not gain anything. :wink:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm just not as fanatical about anamorphic transfers as some other people are. I can't predict what kind of TV I'll have in the future. If I could I'd use those powers of prediction to win the lottery & buy the biggest & baddest 16:9 TV that I could & then I'd join the rest of you in your quest for anamorphic releases for all widescreen films. But until that day I'm stuck with what I have for the immediate future. The black bars have never been a problem for me. I know that they bother some people. I've been buying widescreen films for years & I'm used to the black bars.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Jeff - anamorphic transfers have nothing to do with black bars. Anamorphic transfers have up to 33% MORE resolution on a 16x9 set - or a 4x3 set that supports the "squeeze" - than a plain letterboxed transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks