Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Pioneer DVD player doesn't like CDs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Leber

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted February 04 2003 - 06:43 AM

Well, not all CDs, but after 2 years,my DV-C503 has become quite picky. For a growing numbner of CDs, it will attempt to read the disc (display says LOADING) and then stop and the tray will open. Sometimes it will read a disc just fine, but not read it the next time it comes around when I'm playing 5-disc random. It's a big pain since I like to load up discs and put them on random when I'm working around the house. Has anyone else had similar problems or know what I might try to fix it? I've tried cleaning the laser with one of those CD cleaners with the little bush on it (Maxell) but it didn't seem to help.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Leber

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 04:32 AM

No one has ever had this problem? I guess I should've gotten an extended warranty. Posted Image

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Jimmie Lee

Jimmie Lee

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 07:07 AM

I have a Pioneer DV-05 that exhibits the same problem that you are experiencing. I also tried the laser cleaning method without positive results. The player has never rejected a DVD, but it is becoming much more selective with CD's. Apparently, this is not an isolated problem for Pioneer DVD players as I have read numerous reports from owners who share our problem. I seems that you have three choices. Live with it. Get it repaired (probably not worth it), or replace it.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Bill Leber

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator

• 134 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 07:20 AM

Thanks, even though there seems to be nothing I can do, at least I know I'm not alone. It's really a shame because I use it more for music than movies.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Corey Hancock

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 02:32 PM

Bill, I have a DV-414 and it does the same thing. I used to use my LaserDisc player, but I finally broke down and bought just a cd player.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Paul E V

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 07:43 PM

Hmmmm ...

I have the DV-F727 and have never had that problem.

But then, I have the PDF-1007 for CDs so I've never actually put a CD in my DVD player Posted Image
Pioneering a new level of Home Theater

My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users