-

Photo

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX (refurb) for $1599

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Joseph H

Joseph H

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted February 03 2003 - 11:02 AM

Ecost.com has the Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX (not the 49TXI) for $1599 + free shipping. These are refurbished from the factory but in the description it says the 2 year Elite warranty applies. Last I checked they had 8 left. Seems like a good price for a great receiver.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted February 03 2003 - 05:06 PM

This does seem to be a really great price. Anyone have any experience with this seller?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Wade Shapiro

Wade Shapiro

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted February 04 2003 - 12:18 AM

I've never bought any refurbished products from Ecost.com, but I've ordered many other things from them and found that the prices are great and the items ship immediately. I have never had to return anything so I can't vouch for their return policy, but I have called the 800 number to place an order a couple of times and the customer service rep was very friendly and helpful, and even gave me a discount from the prices listed on the website.

I would think if these are refurbished by Pioneer and come with the full Elite 2 year warranty that you couldn't really go wrong.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted February 04 2003 - 03:07 AM

I just spoke with the folks over at e-cost and they said the 2 year Elite Warranty does NOT apply to this item (even though it does state that in their description.) It only has the standard re-furb 30 days.

What to do? What to do?

Lee

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John M Miller

John M Miller

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 05:52 PM

I bought a refurb Elite receiver awhile back from Ubid and it did not work properly out of the box. Whether Pioneer has improved its refurb or not is uncertain, but I would never recommend buying refurbished electronics. You get what you pay for.