-

Photo

Anthem vs B&K

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 John*DII

John*DII

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 02 2003 - 10:04 AM

I am looking to buy a new amp. I wanted opinions on which amp would be a better match with the Monitor 11s. The B&K reference 200 or the Anthem MCA50. Money is not a factor in my decision. I use a yammie rx-v3000 as my pre.

Thanks for all comments.

#2 of 5 DonJ

DonJ

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted February 02 2003 - 02:36 PM

Paradigm owns Anthem so they should compliment each other well.
I'm still typing with a broke hand and it sucks.

#3 of 5 Camp

Camp

Screenwriter

• 2,303 posts

Posted February 02 2003 - 03:39 PM

Ownership logic doesn't necessarily equate to real world truth. Perhaps someone with real experience will chime in with some help.

#4 of 5 Dave Ma

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted February 03 2003 - 01:03 AM

Found this post somewhere else. They are both great amps! With that said I would also look at Rotel and Sherbourn.
www.rotel.com
www.sherbourn.com
Sherbourn just came out with a nice 5 200 wpc amp.
Never argue with a fool, one may not know the difference!

#5 of 5 Yogi

Yogi

Screenwriter

• 1,741 posts

Posted February 03 2003 - 01:30 AM

I have listened to Paradigm, Anthem and B&K on separate systems. My general experience is that B&K amps are warm laid back sounding and Anthem amps are more neutral to forward sounding. My experience with Paradigm is they are also forward sounding speakers. Now adding 2+2 I am guessing that I would like a B&K amp mated to Paradigm speakers better than the other alternative just because I prefer neutral to warm sound. While someone preferring a forward snappy presentation might prefer the exact opposite. So let your ears be the final judge. When all is said and done I am sure you will be happy with either as they are both fine pieces of equipment.

Best of luck.
The truth is not out there but within you.