What's new

Breaking News: Space Shuttle Columbia explodes (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I hope the best for the Columbia.

CNN is reporting 'multiple targets' or pieces as Columbia is tracked over Dallas.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Unfortunately, things do not look good - a loud impact has been reported in Texas (according to CNN).

May God be with the Columbia crew.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Damn, this doesn't look good. :frowning:

To the crew of the Columbia: I salute you.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Ominous is what I'd call that video. Shades of 1986. Yet another "Where were you when this happened?" moment that I could do without.

I hope everyone's wrong about this. (Though my heart tells me we're not.) :frowning:

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Damn....

It is painful for me to watch this. It brings back deja vu feelings from when I was in 6th grade.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This really hurts. My parents just called, and my wife and I cried. It is heart-breaking. My prayers for the crew, their families and friends, and the NASA folks on the ground.

Take care,
Chuck

Natalie M

Stunt Coordinator
This is sad indeed, it looks much different than the Challenger did, so it took me awhile to notice the bad signs. I was in 6th grade when we lost the Challenger, I'll never forget that day. This gives me chills all over.

My prayers to the crew and their family.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
My mother just called me with the sad news. The shuttle exploded over Texas. I'm watching it on MSNBC. :frowning:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep, heavy coverage ongoing. Different shots taken by news crews/regular people as it was flying through Texas

Brent

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I was in 6th grade when we lost the Challenger, I'll never forget that day
I was in 5th and likewise will never forget that day.

God bless the astronauts and their families.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Chris

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I turned off the news. They are all speculating about terrorist this and terroris that, idiots. Nothing new will be known for days now.

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
I was in my senior year in H.S. and I still remmeber the principle called all of us to the Gym to tell us the bad news. Right now I'm having flashbacks of that sad day.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I was a junior in high school when the Space Shuttle exploded in 1986. I was in study hall in the library when a teacher ran in and exclaimed, "The Space Shuttle exploded! Turn on the TV!". Just awful. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks