What's new

Running Movies (1 Viewer)

I am a big fan of running movies.

Prefontaine, Chariots of fire, Endurance etc.

Wanted to see if there are other running fans here and what movies they have on DVD.

Kris.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
don't know if it's on dvd, but one of my favorites was made for tv, The Jericho Mile, starring peter strauss.

he's a convict in prison, and spends his time running, developing to an elite level. he gets an opportunity to run against world class runners, but the authorities pull the strings to prevent him. he hears what the winning time was , and gets out his shoes and heads to the yard....

i liked Without Limits, with billy crudup, better than Prefontaine.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Without Limits was also about Prefontaine, I think. The better of the two films, from what I remember reading.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I think that running movies is a wonderful thing to do for friends and family members. Not everyone knows how to work the DVD player, so if you're the running movies for everyone, you deserve a little extra popcorn....

Huh? What...? OH, movies ABOUT running...

Well, looks like most of those flicks were covered above, though I'd highly recommend Stephen King's short story The Long Walk.

Granted, that's a book and not a movie, so I'm still way off base here...

How about movies with the WORD "run"? This would be easier for me. How about:

Run
Run Lola Run
Cool Runnings
Running Scared
Martin Lawrence: Runteldat

Oh wait, I got one:

Chariots of Fire

Was that mentioned yet? :D

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
In Leni Riefenstahl’s two-part documentary of the 1936 Berlin Olympics, Olympia, part 2 includes some scenes of the steeplechase and part 1 has scenes of the marathon and 1,500 meter run. Also some shots of other track events (including some of Jesse Owens).

But it is not a film about distance running per se.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Chunking Express has a great moment discussing the merits of running. If you run enough there's no more water left for tears.

~j

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit when I first saw the thread title, the movies that came to mind were:

The Running Man
Logan's Run
The Fugitive and
Minority Report

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
That masterpiece ;) starring Susan Anton, "Goldengirl". (No, I don't have it in any form, but you made me think of it.)

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Is Running Brave the one with Robby Benson? All I remember is Pat Hingle as his coach yelling "Billleeee, run Billleeee run"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks