What's new

Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page" (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
This deal may just be too good to pass up...its on the HTF Deals Page, but many may miss it.

Use code cycd at Columbia House to get 5 DVD's for $24.95 with free shipping and nothing more to buy. As soon as you get your DVDs, call up and cancel. That's it! Only $5 a DVD.

I picked up many I'd been meaning to get: Unforgiven SE, GoodWill Hunting, Road Trip, Rear Window CE, and Pulp Fiction SE.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It looks like the real deal. Wow. If it works, replaces CVX as the best current code for CH, not even close.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Funny--when you try to view the membership terms, the site displays this little nugget:

It's true. Choose 5 DVDs for $4.99 each, with free shipping! All you need to do is buy [ServletException in:/WEB-INF/jsp/qjr/components/leaf/membership_details/body.jsp] Cannot find bean offer.commit in scope null'

Also, at various times the site popped up an offer in the right frame to reduce the enrollment requirement from 4 DVDs to 3 if you buy one now for $14.95. If this is a "no strings attached" deal, then why would the site display this offer? I urge people to be cautious about this one.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I got all the way to the last page (although I've also seen posts in other forums about the same exact message Bill got) and did not see anything about additional purchase requirements. The details box on the signup page at the end makes it look like there are no additional purchase requirements:

You get 5 DVDs for $24.95 with FREE Shipping!

As soon as you become a member, you'll be eligible for our generous money-saving FunCash Plan, which enables you to enjoy great savings on the movies you want, right from the start of your membership! Membership also means you're eligible for private Club offerings and special sales!

You will receive a free DVD Club magazine about every 4 weeks, as well as some Special Selection mailings. That will give you up to 17 buying opportunities per year! If you want the Director's Selection, do nothing ---it will be sent automatically. If you prefer an alternate selection, more selections or none at all, just mail the response card or visit our web site by the date specified. You will always have at least 10 days to decide. If not, you may return the Director's Selection at our expense and we will credit your account.

Your introductory package is sent on a 10-day trial basis and includes complete details of membership. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return that package at our expense to cancel your membership and we will credit your account.

Offer limited to customers of the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, APO and FPO addresses, please write or e-mail us for a separate offer. (Applicable tax added to all orders).

All applications are subject to review. Columbia House reserves the right to request additional information, to reject any application or to cancel any membership.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
When I ordered, I refreshed the cycd code after all of the DVDs were in my cart. Mine had defaulted to the wrong deal as well after I had started placing DVDs in my cart. Just refresh the code in the upper right hand corner after all 5 DVDs are in your cart and it should work.

The "contract" that John David copied is the same that I got, and there is no mention of additional purchases as there usually is in a CH contract. This seems to be the real deal. I will post when I get my DVDs and cancel my membership to let you all know "after the fact" its legitimacy, but the deal may be over by then....so its up to you!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just signed up. It's been a couple of years since I last used a CH deal, this one is just too good to pass. Got The Professional, Spider-Man, Kate & Leopold, Fast Times & From Dusk Till Dawn CE for $25. Five movies my wife & I have been wanting. Woohoo!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just saw a post on DVDTalk indicating that a CH rep told the poster that CH is "having problems with this code" and that it was indeed supposed to have some kind of additional purchase requirement. Seems to me that the offer details on the final checkout page are pretty clear -- no additional purchase required. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well if this deal is no good (which it certainly looked legitimate when registering) we can just send them everything back and get a full refund. The offer details state there is a 10 day trial period.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it might get ugly if there's more commitment to the offer.

I signed up twice (they allow 2 accounts) for 10 DVDs today.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I just got done signing up, the only thing I didn't like is that they limited you to a limited amount of titles.

Also with titles like Saving Private Ryan, Memento, Platoon there are 2 different versions. I wonder what version you would get of Memento and Platoon?

Paul

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Paul, it sounds like maybe you signed up at the "red" CH site, which does have a limited selection and which also apparently locks you into the standard offer instead of properly processing any offer codes. The main CH site lets you choose from a huge selection of titles.

James D

Second Unit
You can get to the regular website(non-red) by clicking on the Video Club link on the far right of the CH homepage. When the next page appears, click on the DVD Club link at the top of the page. This will always take you to the regular DVD site.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Actually, I just exited the page, went back to the main page, clicked on the main DVD club link again, and it took me to the blue site with the full selection and code entry!

Go figure. . .

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
The key is to make your selections from the main page then enter the promotion code.

I Just signed up took:
Monty Python Special Edition
Leon: The Professional
Tombstone: Vista
Memento: Limited Edition
Groundhog Day Special Edition

Hope they stay honest to the agreement

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Argggghhhh...stay away from the red site, stay away from the red site :D

I guess now its just a waiting game. If whether or not CH fulfills the agreement as is or if they will just cancel the order. Oh well either way I guess, they still have plenty of descent codes to choose from.

Paul

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Got mine in. I was worried a bit when I got a bad server ID message. I thought they were in the middle of updating the offer. I refreshed a couple times and it cleared up.

Good luck to us all.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks