What's new

New RUSH (the band) DVD on the way!!! (1 Viewer)

Adam_R

Second Unit
Ok. Here is the OFFICIAL word from the RUSH newsletter:

"The Vapor Trails 2002 tour is now over, but for all of you who weren’t able to see a show, or weren’t able to see as many shows as you’d like – look for a new live concert DVD out later this year!

“RUSH IN RIO” will be a 2-Disc set containing Rush live in concert, filmed during the Rio de Janeiro show last November, plus an exclusive mini-documentary and behind the scenes footage of guys on tour while in Brazil, written and directed by Rush photographer Andrew MacNaughtan. The DVD set will have worldwide release in a variety of international formats. As well, look forward to special packaging and artwork designed by Hugh Syme."

I can't wait!

RUSH FANS REJOICE!!! FINALLY A DVD FROM RUSH!!!
(I don't count the re-releaseing of a greatest hits video.)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Nice, but the press release should have read, "...for all of you who weren’t able to see a show, or weren’t able to see as many shows as you’d like, or didn't like the fact that the ticket prices for our show nearly tripled since our last tour..." :angry:

-Lyle J.P.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Any ideas what songs where played throughout the tour or in Rio? Hope they do this concert right with a good DD and DTS 5.1 mix as well as 16:9.

Wes

John_W_Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Now it they'd just release E...SL and DS (in dts and widescreen, of course) that'd be waaaaay cool!

greg_t

Screenwriter
I can't wait to get this!! If anyone here is a Rush fan and didn't get to see them on this tour, this is a MUST have. I'd like to see a DTS track and PCM Stereo.

Adam_R

Second Unit
Here's the setlist. This is from Hartford CT. I doubt the setlist changed much in RIO. Maybe one or two songs.

Set 1:
Tom Sawyer
Distant Early Warning
New World Man
Roll the Bones
Earthshine
YYZ
The Pass
Bravado
The Big Money
Between Sun and Moon
Vital Signs
Natural Science

Set 2:
One Little Victory
Driven
Ceiling Unlimited
Secret Touch
Dreamline
Red Sector A
Leave That Thing Alone
The Rhythm Method
Resist
Overture and Temples of Syrinx from 2112
Limelight
La Villa Strangiato
Spirit of Radio
Encore: By-Tor & the Snow Dog - Cygnus X-1 - Working Man

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
or didn't like the fact that the ticket prices for our show nearly tripled since our last tour...
At most, it was double, if that much. (I'm sure my TFE tickets were probably around $35-$40) It was still less than $50 a ticket, which is better than what Peter Gabriel and Paul McCartney were charging.

Personally, I blame the promoters more than the band for ticket prices. It didn't stop me from seeing them twice.

Jason

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Aw, they're just ripping off Iron Maiden.

Now I'll have to get both "In Rio" DVDs so I can determine which of the two is MY FAVORITE DAMN BAND OF ALL TIME!!! :D

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

I just hope they don't edit this new dvd like Steve Harris did for Iron Maidens Live In Rio.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
The way it was edited gives you a headache. As soon as they cut to a scene of a member of the band they make another cut and so on and so on...

I think the longest shot in the Maiden disc is two seconds.

You never get the chance to focus on a paticluar shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks