What's new

HD videos for download (1 Viewer)

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
I've post some very short (15 - 30 second) HD video clips on my website. This will give those without any access to an HD source a chance to view some real HD programming. Now you can see what the rest of us have been enjoying! :)

HDTV video clips

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
thanks man. I am downloading now. I actually just ordered an HD card earlier today. This will probably just make it so die waiting for it to get here.

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
You could view the HD clips without the HD card in the meantime. They're viewable by using WinDVD. Just rename the extensions to .trp (instead of their native .ts), and they'll play in WinDVD. You'll need a very fast PC to do it this way, though.

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
hmm, I am unable to play them in WinDVD. Perhaps a version issue? I do not have version 4 installed, just 3.0. I guess I'll just have to wait. :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
There are a coupe of HD sample videos linked on AVS threads. Here's one:
Microsoft has been showing this video at the Consumer Electronics Show this week in Las Vegas -- its demonstrates the High Definition capabilities of Windows Media 9 quite nicely. Its a pretty hefty download at 110 MB for the download but well worth the wait. 3 Minutes 19 Seconds of 1280x720 progressive content.

Step Into Liquid preview
AVS Thread - also has some insightful MS feedback if you're interested.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have links to any other HD samples, clips etc.

I downloaded the ones from the site posted by Scott L and they look incredible.

I've looked on Kazaalite for anything in 1280x720 but came up empty.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
edit- Found it!

Sample #1 (24.5 MB’s): 1280x720p/29.97fps (~5500kpbs) / “HDCD” audio (2 Channel)

Sample #2 (27.5 MB’s): 1920x1080p/29.9fps (~7000kpbs) / “HDCD” audio (2 Channel)

AVS Thread- Like the post says, you need a REAL good computer to play these. These freeze up on the Orange Bikini on my tweaked but not OC'ed P2.4b machine.

I don't believe I mentioned it before but you need WinDVD to play the other files I posted as well.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Just a note for Mac users, the .ts clips play perfectly in OSX without any need for the latest computer if you use VLC. (VLC is excellent and FREE)

I played the ESPN .ts clip on my dual 500Mhz G4, and the audio/video were perfect. My machine's about 3 years old. And I don't have a HDTV PC Card.

Very cool...thanks for the links!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I have Intervideo WinDVD 4.0, it wont play it.. when i try to open source, it wont read the .ts extension...

EDIT: NEVERMIND, YOU GOTTA CHANGE IT TO .TRP!

OMG, The matrix trailer in HD looks AMAZING :eek: NICE

Wow kevin, you got alot of awesome clips on your site... damn, esp the ones from the grammy's... what i would give to see gwen stefani in HD lol.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Kevin, you da man! The stuff is great. My fiance gasped when I showed her the Mantis clip.

I also finally got the chance to see how well MyHD upscales 720p material to 1080i (we don't get ABC HD in the NYC area yet). Pretty friggin' awesome.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Kevin- Can I make a request to put the Mantis clip back up so I can grab it? I love those insect documentaries on Discovery. Take your time though, unless that's a personal local server I know uploading that much data isn't fun.

edit- just noting that for a 45-50 second clip a .trp seems to take 100mb of space, egad!! Just wondering Kevin but when recording to your computer are there several settings to lower the size output file? Are these clips basically perfect copies of the HD broadcasts?

And also what kind of hardware do you use to get these great captures? Asking because I am planning on archiving one of my favorite shows when it becomes available in HD (Conan O'Brien). Would about 45-50min of HD material fit onto 1 DVD-R.. would I have to convert to a different format?

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
The files are the native output transport stream from my Hipix HD card. The other HD cards out on the market are basically the same, too. There is not an option to have the card output a smaller, lower resolution file. The files will average about 9GB for each hour of programming. You will not be able to fit 45 minutes of a show on one DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks