-

Photo

Good but unobtrusive rear speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   David Sorenson

David Sorenson

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 06:52 AM

My sister has a paradigm system setup in her manufactured home. After a month of owning them she has decided the rear speakers are too prominent and wishes to get something which doesn't stand out so much. Her current speakers are:
Studio 20's in front
PDR-10 sub
Studio Center
Focus for rears.

She'd like something that comes in white since that would blend in better. She'd also like a speaker that isn't so boxy.

My wife had the same problem with my rear speakers and I was able to get a good deal on a pair of white paradigm Stylus speakers which suffice. Even those might be a big large and I know there much be something else out there which would fit her needs better.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Rich X

Rich X

Stunt Coordinator

• 115 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 08:08 AM

I had the same problem with my wife so I decided to get a new one....(ahem, speakers that is, I had to keep the wife).

Seriously though, I used in-walls for the rears, which worked very well. Paradigm has some nice onces which would be a perfect timber match with the rest of her set up.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   David Sorenson

David Sorenson

Stunt Coordinator

• 94 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 09:20 AM

I have doubts that an inwall speaker would work well in her manufacured home. The walls are thin...one is really thin.

Also inwall speakers don't allow you to angle them and her setup is quite odd due to the limiting room she has.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   kevitra

kevitra

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 10:00 AM

Some walls have a tweeter that swivels so you can 'aim' it.

Definitive technology makes surrounds in white. They are decent.

I have Axiom QS4 surrounds. They come in maple which looks white. I have the cherry and it looks pretty good. They are smaller sized and my wife likes them.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Jose G

Jose G

Supporting Actor

• 568 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 12:47 PM

Boston Acoustics have rears in white and some less boxy surrounds like the bravo (don't know if that comes in white). Look them up on bostonacoustics.com and also do a search on ebay for them- as you can get good deals on them there.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Tyson

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator

• 184 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 06:47 PM

How about some Gallo Acoustic speakers - small and unboxy:

Posted Image
"Remember Sammy Jenkins"