What's new

Alias 01/26/03 - Phase One (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Well there's no point in waiting. Any thoughts/predictions? The episode tonight will change the whole series. Do you think it will be for better or for worse. I read an article on salon.com that said they were going to stop having cliffhangers and have the episodes more self-contained which is not a good thing...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think they'll go back to the cliff-hangers in a while. They're just doing it self contained for now to draw in more viewers. Hopefully if it works, and the audience builds.... more cliff-hangers. ;)

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
While I love story arcs and cliffhangers, there's nothing wrong with self-contained episodes. As much as I loved the X-Files mythology, if you asked me to name my favorite episodes most of them would be self-contained.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was sort of embarrassed by all the cheesecake ads of Sydney in various forms of undress or in lingerie and bikinis. This show is not just about cheesecake, but I guess that what Disney/ABC wants to portray to the rest of the country that hasn't seen Alias yet. Too bad.

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I guess most of you haven't seen todays episode yet with the superbowl delay, but all I've got to say is holy cow!
They could easily have ended the series with this episode!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Excellent opening for a post Super Bowl episode. Loved the James Bond style music during Sydney's airplane activities.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the new guy just got some very important info. Good thing...

The Alliance is going down!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Talk about turning this show upside down in one episode. I suppose it'll be a good jumping on episode for all the new viewers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap!

They killed Francie and replaced her with a double who's working for Sark and Sloane!!!!

I love this show!

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator
just this...........damn
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I don't know. It seemed way too contrived and the character development was...............ARE YOU KIDDING? This was one of the best hours of television I've ever seen!! And how does Francie have a double anyway?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Joseph said it all right there.

Up until the last 2 scenes, it could've been a series finale. (though if I were actually making this the series finale, it'd have been like 2 or 3 episodes)

That ending had me grabbing my hair and screaming. J.J. Abrams is one brilliant guy.

This was the first episode I've seen on TV (had to download the first season, and half of the second to catch up, and finally did) and all I can say is that I'm speechless. I can't wait until next week, I just hope more people tune in.

Considering the ads featuring Jennifer half naked and stuff, I think America will start watching... At least that's not what the whole show is about.

The part with the plane was good, everything was good.

Also, was this episode longer than usual? It started at 9:30-9:45 right? Perhaps it was like the pilot.. (70 minutes?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks