Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Universal remote suggestions, around $30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Jared_C

Jared_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted January 25 2003 - 10:58 AM

i just got my sony str-de845 receiver (used), which didn't come with a remote. I am looking for suggestions on a good cheap universal remote that i could use for my receiver. So far, i have found the sony rm-vL700. Anyone have a remote they particularly like that is in this price range?

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh

Producer

• 5,183 posts

Posted January 25 2003 - 12:11 PM

The One-For-All Cinema 7 is legendary for it's power (it has macro keys, will learn from other remotes, etc.). It sells for $25 at Best Buy and I've seen it for $19 at Longs Drugs.

If you go to www.remotecentral.com you will find pages of info dedicated to this remote. You can even buy a $15 adaptor cable that lets you hook it up to your computer to program it. (It uses spreadsheets and some odd procedures, but it works). Thats how popular this remote is: people have built cables/software to play with all it's features.

Hope this helps.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Jared_C

Jared_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted January 25 2003 - 01:45 PM

thanks for the advice bob, i am comparing two remotes currently, one which is rca and one which is one-for-all. here are the links below. they both come out to around $30 shipped. links below
one for all
rca

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnnyG

JohnnyG

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted January 27 2003 - 11:08 AM

The URC8810 basically replaces the Cinema7. The 8910 adds an LCD display and a somewhat nicer key layout. The 9910 is the RF version and comes with an RF receiver/IR blaster.

For the Canadians in the crowd, the models are URC8811/URC8911/URC9911.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Dennis Heller

Dennis Heller

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted January 28 2003 - 01:23 AM

http://www.radioshac......5Fid=15-2116

I've had a couple Radio Shack remotes, and they're quite good. I had the previous version of this one and it was excellent. Controls everything you want, and almost every button can learn.
"I was wandering the woods, thinking about Christ. If He was a carpenter, I wondered what he charged for bookshelves."

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jared_C

Jared_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted January 28 2003 - 02:30 AM

is anyone here actually using a universal remote with a sony receiver? if so what receiver and what remote?

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris Cancienne

Chris Cancienne

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted January 28 2003 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
is anyone here actually using a universal remote with a sony receiver? if so what receiver and what remote?

I am...I have a DE685 and using the Sony VL1000 remote. Love the remote! Easy to configure/program, just takes a little time. With shipping it will set you back about $60 at etronics.com
THIS SPACE FOR RENT