What's new

The Complete Mr. Bean 4/29 - not so complete after all? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Rowan Atkinson's hilarious Mr. Bean comes to Region 1 DVD courtesy of A&E Home Video. The 3 disc boxed set will be released April 29th and is already available for preorder from most online stores. No specs have been announced yet.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
VERY cool. You'll be able to buy it in the stores though right? Not a special order thing, huh?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Sweet.

I also like that A&E is doing it... they make some FINE television product :emoji_thumbsup:

Only 3-discs? How much Mr. Bean is there?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I already got a 3 disc 10th Anniversary boxset from Australia last Fall, I suppose it'll be a similar release, not much more extras.

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I have the German R2 3-disc "Mr. Bean Jubilaeums (Jubilee) 10th Anniversary". It's an OK set. There is quite a lot of overlapping in the episodes for some reason. There is also a nice 30 minute or so Rowan Atkinson retrospective on there. Worth picking up, I think.

James Reader

Screenwriter
The Animated Mr.Bean is coming to German DVD soon (The first 9 episodes). However, I wouldn't bother getting this disc as the animated show really was dire!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hot Damn, this just made my day :). Now I don't have to convert the WLIW 21 episodes I taped oh so long ago to home made DVD :)..

All the good stuff seems to be coming out a few months down the line, heh. Too long a wait :)..

Now, here's soemthing. When can we 'yanks' see the animated Bean? I want to judge it for myself :).

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Cool. I will pick up this release sometime in the future. I only saw several episodes of Mr. Bean but the episodes were very funny.

Pete M

Stunt Coordinator
I am also excited for this set. There is a description on the A&E site:

With nary a wit of sense and scarcely a word spoken, Mr. Bean bumbles through life as if he was born yesterday, managing to turn everyday situations into spectacular screw-ups with stunning regularity. Utterly oblivious to his prodigious shortcomings, he negotiates a series of self-inflicted misadventures that never--ever--leave him any the wiser.

Starring the incomparable Rowan Atkinson (Johnny English, Blackadder) MR. BEAN has won a veritable plethora of international awards and built a cult following around the globe that is, quite frankly, a tad disturbing. This VHS set includes all 14 episodes, the entire Bean ouvre, on 3 DVDs:
  • Mr. Bean
  • The Return of Mr. Bean
  • The Curse of Mr. Bean
  • Mr. Bean Goes to Town
  • The Trouble with Mr. Bean
  • Mr. Bean Rides Again
  • Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean
  • Mr. Bean in Room 426
  • Mind the Baby Mr. Bean
  • Do it Yourself Mr. Bean
  • Back to School Mr. Bean
  • Tee Off, Mr. Bean
  • Good Night Mr. Bean
  • Hair by Mr. Bean of London

DVD extras include the never-before-seen documentary The Story of Bean and the never-broadcast sketches "Bus Stop" and "The Library," as well as the trailer for the animated series and much more.

DVD Bonus Features:

The Story of Bean - A 40 minute documentary
Never-before-seen Sketches: Bus Stop and Library
Comic Relief Skits: Blind Date and Torvill and Bean
Mr. Bean: The Animated Series trailer
Photo Gallery
Rowan Atkinson Biography and Filmography
Interactive Menus
Scene Selection

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Where's "Mr. Bean Goes To The Premiere"?
The episode where he has to shine his shoes before the queen(?) shakes his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks