What's new

Toslink Digital Optical switcher or Y-adapter (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if there exists Y-adapters so that one can plug two different optical digital cables (the toslink kind) into one input?

I've seen some big clunky boxes where one can manually turn a knob to choose between up to 3 inputs, but all I'm looking for is a simple Y shaped thingee to plug 'em both in. And I promise only to play one at a time - I'm not trying to send two signals in simultaneously.

Alternately, a switcher that auto-detects which has a signal and chooses it.

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
there are quite a few autoswitchers.

The best one was from Nirvis, famous DXS - no longer in production, and if you can find a used one, just buy it.

Then there are MSB digital director units, Neutek units, and probably a few more. They usually do a very good job.

Be aware that Sony CD-changers when paused still are sendig frames, filled with 0's. Some of changers do not recognize it as empty/idle signal, and will lock on it, delivering wonderfull silence.

Check http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nirvislist/,
and do a search for DXS or switcher - this subject is debated every 2-3 weeks...

En-joy.

_zjt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks