Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Toslink Digital Optical switcher or Y-adapter

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Will_B

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 24 2003 - 11:20 AM

Does anyone know if there exists Y-adapters so that one can plug two different optical digital cables (the toslink kind) into one input? I've seen some big clunky boxes where one can manually turn a knob to choose between up to 3 inputs, but all I'm looking for is a simple Y shaped thingee to plug 'em both in. And I promise only to play one at a time - I'm not trying to send two signals in simultaneously. Alternately, a switcher that auto-detects which has a signal and chooses it.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted January 24 2003 - 02:03 PM

there are quite a few autoswitchers.

The best one was from Nirvis, famous DXS - no longer in production, and if you can find a used one, just buy it.

Then there are MSB digital director units, Neutek units, and probably a few more. They usually do a very good job.

Be aware that Sony CD-changers when paused still are sendig frames, filled with 0's. Some of changers do not recognize it as empty/idle signal, and will lock on it, delivering wonderfull silence.

Check http://groups.yahoo....up/nirvislist/,
and do a search for DXS or switcher - this subject is debated every 2-3 weeks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users