What's new

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Announced (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
At a glance, it looks like another disc for kids
with not a single thought put into what adults
might like.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Ron, you took the words right out of my mouth. While it looks this DVD will have more extras than the first film, I would love to see something of actual "depth" as an extra. Last time I checked, didn't they document all of the filming of the first two films (and I'm sure they'll do it again for the third film)? Maybe we will see a "Harry Potter Revisited" down the line, but oh well. I'll still be buying this considering CompUSA stocks 20 copies of the widescreen version for $9.99. :D

James Reader

Screenwriter
I'd expect a re-release of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's stone in 2004, if reports of Prisoner of Askerban not coming out until 2004 are true, simply to keep the franchise alive in the mind of the general public.

Perhaps if they do, it will be a release of a more 'adult' nature - so to speak! :b

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
April 11th falls on a Friday this year, so either their date is incorrect, or we're getting a rare Friday release for this one. . .

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Well, sure, but most of those Friday releases have been a month or two before Christmas, too. The Friday release in the spring seems kind of odd, especially when you consider that Sorcerer's Stone (which did bigger box office than Chamber of Secrets) was released on a Tuesday last May.

Keith Helms

Stunt Coordinator
Well, sure, but most of those Friday releases have been a month or two before Christmas, too. The Friday release in the spring seems kind of odd, especially when you consider that Sorcerer's Stone (which did bigger box office than Chamber of Secrets) was released on a Tuesday last May.
Was the Sorcerer's Stone box bigger at the same time after its release? I know a bunch of screens locally are still showing Chamber of Secrets, so the final figures on its box office totals are still in flux. Does the one billion reported for Sorcerer's Stone include the DVD sales?

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Yay! Early DVD releases are always welcome news. It's a shame about the features, but 19 deleted/extended scenes are great in my book. I just hope they make them selectable directly from a menu.

Lowell

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I will pick up Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets sometime in the future. I still haven't purchased the 1st Harry Potter movie.

Also the Scooby-Doo movie DVD also come out on a Friday.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While we are on a Harry Potter topic. Can someone please explain how to get to the deleted scenes on the first movie?? I really don't have the time or the inclination to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
with not a single thought put into what adults
might like.
I wouldn't go that far. While it skews more towards the kiddy stuff that it probably should, it's more balanced than the PS/SS set. In particular the number of deleted scenes, the cast interviews, and the featurette with Rowling and Kloves interest me.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
In the words of Ron Weasley: "Wicked!"

Looks like a nicer set of features to me than Sorcerer's Stone! I just hope you don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get to the features again. That annoyed me so much.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Warner has been scheduling more and more friday releases of late, 'Blood Work' just recently and it wasn't a blockbuster.

If it's widescreen and Dolby Digital it's geared well enough towards this adult. Do we really need to see another documentary with a bunch od guys in front of computers with wire frame models of creatures?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Do we really need to see another documentary with a bunch od guys in front of computers with wire frame models of creatures?
:rolleyes:Documentaries can contain more than guys at a computer with wire frame models of creatures. Fellowship of the Ring: EE had over six hours of documentary footage, and last time I checked, all six (and more) hours are worth watching at least once if you own the DVD.

James L White

Supporting Actor
as long as this DVD is user friendly (unlike HP and The [whatever] Stone you call it)which is a pain to use.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The only thing that doesn't appear to be mentioned on the site in the first post is that the DVD-ROM features will also be MAC-Compatible which some might be interested to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks