What's new

Signs gets dts on Region 2 (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I hope this isn't the same rouse Disney pulled with The Others in the UK: announcing a DTS track and then not delivering.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well Julian, if the Danish release has been printed up with a DTS symbol on the cover then, amazed as I am, it looks like the UK release will too!

Although until I saw that cover, I didn't belive all these Signs DTS rumours either.

Sadly, it still looks like the release will be one disc, so the presence of the DTS track may be more of a curse than a blessing. :frowning:

Jorma

Grip
Dolby Digital 5.1: English, Russian

How strange! Never seen a disc released in the UK with a Russian soundtrack before!
If there's a Russian DD5.1 track in the disc, it's pretty certain the disc is R2+R5. There's many discs like that released in Finland as well.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well according to this press release (for the 5 disc 'Shyamalan Collection') signs will get a UK DTS track (personally I'm still not convinced - so sue me! :))

Link to R2-DVD

(Notice how the Sixth Sense doesn't mention DTS in it's specs, even though the 2 disc release in the UK does include DTS. I'm not sure about the UK Unbreakable's soundtracks)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
So, we got a DTS soundtrack after all. Thats the good news. Bad news is the transfer, which suffers from compression artefacts. I don't understand why the extras were not transferred to a second disc. They may be pretty standard extras but if they are affecting the transfer it would make sense to move them. I know some people are not bothered about artefacts but thats not the point of dvd. If dvd can provide a picture that is close to a studio master (close, not a match) then lets see it! I am fed up of poor transfers lately. I know peolple slag off Superbit but at least they deliver the goods the majority of the time!

John Milton

Second Unit
I bought the Japanese version and the PQ and DTS track are superb! Most impressive to me was how damn good the film itself was. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks