What's new

What's Happened to Full Moon Pictures? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
About a year ago, their website was down with a message saying that it'd be up and running again soon. That was last January! Movies under Full Moon and their other labels are still being released on video (such as Trancers 6) so obviously they're still in business. Anyone know what's happened to what was once one of the greatest independent horror studios? And are there any sites that have info on upcoming releases from Full Moon?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
It seems that Full Moon was involved in at least two legal disputes in the last couple of years. First, FM had released a large number of their own films on DVD (including the Puppet Master series) which they had actually licensed to Paramount for video distribution. Paramount was apparently not very pleased by this, and those titles have since gone OOP. Second, FM was facing suit from financiers who claimed that funds intended for film production was being diverted elsewhere. I don't know if FM suffered any ramifications as a result of either incident. A search of the archives at some movies news sites might reveal more information.

DJ

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I've watched a lot of the Full Moon pictures, including the Subspecies films with the one-and-only Radu. Big fan, I am. My former girlfriend in my goth days had the hugest crush on Radu, despite his ancient vampire visage. I think it was those long fingers... :) hehe

Although there was a 'b-movie' vibe that ran through some of these original full moon productions, considering that fact, they were pretty neat flicks with a lot of substance and backstory/mythology.

I had no idea there were such troubles over at full moon. I liked the fact that they actually filmed the Subspecies movies in Transylvania.

"My fledgling..."

~j

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Full Moon is still alive on the web. Their new domain name is fullmoonfanclub.com. The new site's been up since Jan. 31st according to their new forum (which the studio responds to). Their still working on the site but it's in pretty good shape so far. According to someone on the forum there, Paramount has the rights to their early movies until 2004. Take it for what you will.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I believe they were bought out (or partnered up with) an outfit called "Koch". I'm also a big fan of Full Moon's 'heyday' entries (the first three Subspecies flicks are pretty damn cool) so I'd love to see some more movies.

The first few Puppet Master flicks are a lot of fun, and the first Oblivion is B-movie great.

Never much cared for the Trancers or Dollman flicks though.

I also enjoyed a lot of Charles Band's Empire Pictures flicks. Don't tell anybody.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I've been quite the fan of their titles, and I absolutely echo that they were one of the few B-movie houses that put some real effort into making good well rounded films.

Scott, do you have something against Tim Thomerson or what? :)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Full Moon is still alive on the web.
I posted that a little late. I just finished reading some pretty interesting stuff on the message boards. As it turns out, things self-destructed a while back when the ONE guy running the website as well as taking merchandise orders had a breakdown. Some people got screwed because there was no money to ship orders and there was no help from the higher ups. Check out this threadhttp://pub169.ezboard.com/ffullmoonp...opicID=3.topic. The meltdown starts at about the 16th post.
The site's probably gonna shut down soon. Apparently Charie Band is a conceited ass. Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
If anyone could find links to stories of Band screwing over employees it would be appreciated. There are some mentioned on the fmfc message boards like not telling the cast of Oblivion that they were shooting two movies and scheduling movies for theatrical releases then pulling out.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I wonder, did William Shatner's Full Moon Fright Night break the bank?

William-R

Agent
Full Moon's other companys seem to be not around any more
there more adult line surrender cinema seems to have vanished as well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks