What's new

Top 100 DVDs of All-Time - *RESULTS* (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The results have been tallied and the results site is running:
http://www.angelfire.com/dc/top100dvd/
Enjoy. :)
Even more people voted on this year's poll, particularly from HTF, so hopefully, the final list is satisfying.
I included some voter comments on the site too, so hopefully the site is a more interesting read than last year's.
I'd love to hear feedback on the list and the site, so post here or if you want to stay anonymous on the site's bulletin board, or drop me an e-mail with comments and criticisms.
Thanks to all who voted!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
LukeB said:
I included some voter comments on the site too, so hopefully the site is a more interesting read than last year's.
Good. If I ran the thing last year and remembering those comments from the folks criticizing the list, I know exactly what I'd tell them. ;)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
hmm your angel fire site can't handle the load its getting right now, I saw the bottom forty before it decided that was too much. could you post the results just as a list here as well?

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Great work and muchos thanks, Luke!! I really enjoyed going through that list. I was shocked -- SHOCKED!! -- at the #1 DVD! ;)
PS: Loved the "Dreyer" picture. :D

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I just looked at the website but it's been suspended temporarily. Ohh well, maybe tonight I guess.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The site should be up again shortly, at another site who has generously offered to store it for today.

Sorry about all the up-down.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Yea, I tried to load the site but it seems the bandwidth has indeed been exceeded...while you're getting another host for it, how about just posting a text list here for people who would like to browse it quickly?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Very nicely done Luke. I was particularly pleased to see how well some of the more obscure Criterion’s (e.g. In the Mood for Love).

All-in-all a representative 100.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
So who's seen the most of the top 100? I've watched 83 of them. (And that means I've seen 83 of the DVDs discussed, not just 83 of the movies or other programs listed...)

Seth_S

Second Unit
Suggest for next year:

Group all the Universal Hitchcock DVDs together. While the video and audio could be better (except for Rear Window and Vertigo), the documentaries are superb, especially the 90 minute ones on Psycho and The Birds. Together they're just a phenomenal collection of DVDs.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Kudos on the list, it's a lot of fun.
Considering we're only 17 days into 2003, why is this the 2003 list with last years list being the 2001 list? :confused:

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Considering we're only 17 days into 2003, why is this the 2003 list with last years list being the 2001 list?
I dunno really. I know the lists were only 13 months apart, but I couldn't really think of what else to call it. 2002? Dated. Version 2? Well, actually last year was the first big one, but we'd done it in smaller scale at DVD Talk twice. New List? New Coke.
If the title is the biggest gripe, then I'm happy. :D ;)
I know that I don't have nearly enough of the ones that made the list. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks