What's new

Son of the Beach Announced! (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Mr. Staddon mentioned it during the chat but now we have a release date of April 29th courtesy of DVD_File ! February through May is gonna be expensive with all these Fox TV shows (Angel, Futurama, Family Guy, Son of the Beach and the Simpsons). I might need another job.

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to get this, but.............

Is it all three seasons or just the first two (the commentaries are on only the first two season's episodes) or, god forbid, a best of collection?

Hopefully, it's one of the first two.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Probably should of started another thread, but I'm too lazy...Don't forget, Dark Angel: Season 1 was announced today too. 5/20/2003.l

Special Features:

6-Disc Set: DISC ONE: Audio commentary on "Pilot" by Charles Eglee and David Nutter

DISC TWO and THREE (none)

DISC FOUR: Audio commentary on "Rising" by Charles Eglee and Renee Echevarria.

DISC FIVE: Audio commentary on "And I Am A Camera" by Charles Eglee, Renee Echevarria and Charles Woolnaugh.

DISC SIX: Audio commentary on "...And Jesus Bought A Casserole" by Michael Weatherly and Jessica Alba; "Genesis", "Seattle Ain't What It Used To Be" and "Creating An X-5" featurettes; Audition tapes; Gag reel/bloopers; James Cameron's "Dark Angel" video game trailer.

May will indeed be a huge month.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Glad to see Son of the Beach is finally coming to DVD!
I sure wish they would release Timothy Stack's other TV
show he had on the E! Channel called "NightStand" :D !
I thought this show was a riot. I couldn't wait to watch it when I got home from work while working second shift.
I highly doubt they will release this on DVD, for so many people do not even know about it.
I can wish though......
:)
Later!
Troy

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Hey Rex,
"Noooooo, people. No!"
He was so funny when he said this and especially the point he was trying to make that sounded like it was dirty!!:laugh:
Again...... "Noooooo, people. No !" :laugh:
I sure wish "NightStand" would be released on DVD. I would buy every episode.
Does anyone know how many years this show lasted on E! ?
t R o Y

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Man it seems that just about everything is being released on DVD these days TV wise, so you would think NightStand would be released " Eventually" or at least some glimmer of hope down the road. Sure would like to get a hold of the production company that financed the show on E! to encourage them to release it on DVD.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I'm just curious if they put out the 'original' or the 'edited' versions of 'Slience of the Clams'... after 9/11 it was edited to remove a coupla of terrorist references...

then again, they do have 'Chip's-a-Goy' on there (which was pulled totally from the air schedule) ... but if they take out the jokes for the HUMMAS (the other terrorist group) and it's leader Osma BIN-LADEN! (say it with the Jerry Lewis NICE-LADY! voice) I will be highly upset...

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I'm just curious if they put out the 'original' or the 'edited' versions of 'Slience of the Clams'... after 9/11 it was edited to remove a coupla of terrorist references...
The references to Osama Bin Laden are there. Tim Stack and others discuss this on the commentary track, noting what was deleted for TV airings and restored for the DVD.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, I had never heard of this show until the chat, and knew little of it until it was announced, and then didn't even think about buying it until I read Gord's review (shameless plug; sorry! :D ).
Reading through the enthusiasm in this thread makes me think that it's a sure thing for me now. I hope Costco low-balls it, because I think I'm a-buying it blind!

Rick P

Supporting Actor
The references to Osama Bin Laden are there. Tim Stack and others discuss this on the commentary track, noting what was deleted for TV airings and restored for the DVD
ahh.. good... I'm glad that "Chip's" is uncut and all there... I drove my wife bonkers for about 3 weeks doing the Bin-LADen! sthick....

(oh ghods.. I just noticed how I said that... I should be writing for that show..)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
How many episodes was Amy Weber (Porcelain Bidet :laugh: ) in?
Amy Weber =
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:star: :star: :star: :star: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Reading through the enthusiasm in this thread makes me think that it's a sure thing for me now. I hope Costco low-balls it, because I think I'm a-buying it blind!
Dave, if you like "South Park," you'll probably like "Son of the Beach." The humor is along those lines. I personally can't wait to pick this one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks