What's new

'you snooze - you lose' draft (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know what to call this draft, but let me explain the idea.

In each round, I would present a pool of 16 films (with something in common). I would not be participating in the draft. Once the pool is posted, it's first come, first serve. The round would continue until all the films were selected (actually only 15 of the 16 need to be chosen), or until approximately 24 hours have passed, at which point those who hadn't selected would get one of the remaining films randomly assigned to their list.

I think this will obviously speed up the process, and mix up the picks quite a bit. I hope to have an interesting variety of pools.

Anyway, that's the idea. If you're interested, join up. Once 16 people join, I'll begin the first round. Anyone can join, but it certainly helps if you can get to the HTF every day (the draft will run 7 days a week).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m in George, although I often travel without notice and am unable to check-in every day.
Guess those days, I’ll lose. :D

Rand

Supporting Actor
I'm in too. There'll be days when I can't check in but I should be able to keep them to a minimum.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OK, we've got our 16. They are:
LukeB
Lew Crippen
ChuckDeLa
Walter Kittel
Matt Pelham
Gabe D
Paul Dalmaine
John Thomas
Matt Stone
Cary T
John Dhein
SteveGon
Rand
Chucky P
ErikG
Bill J
Just a few more words about the pools before we get started. I'm striving for a variety of films. My 16 selections each time aren't necessarily the 'best' or even 'my favorite' 16. I'm striving for an interesting variety. Also, if a film got picked in one pool, it won't be in another pool, even if it's an obvious choice. Finally, we've all seen different films, and I'm hoping most drafters will have seen most of the films, but I obviously can't guarantee that. Oh, and if you don't like any of the remaining films at some point, hold your nose and pick the one you dislike least, or you may end up with the one you hate the most. :)
We'll have at least 10 rounds, but perhaps more if there's interest and I can come up with good pools.
Ok, first round. 16 selected Humphrey Bogart movies:
Across The Pacific
Action In The North Atlantic
The African Queen
The Big Sleep
The Caine Mutiny
Casablanca
Dark Passage
High Sierra
Key Largo
The Maltese Falcon
Passage To Marseilles
Sabrina
Sahara
To Have & Have Not
Treasure Of The Sierra Madre
We're No Angels
First come, first serve. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks