-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Aeon Flux

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Samuel Des

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor

• 801 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 02:22 AM

Any gossip regarding a complete Aeon Flux DVD release? It came out as a 3-cassette box set on VHS a few years back. My third tape is pretty worn, and I'd rather get a DVD replacement.
I am made out of water. You wouldn't know it, because I have it bound in. My friends are made out of water, too. All of them. The problem for us is that not only do we have to walk around without being absorbed by the ground but we also have to earn our livings.

#2 of 13 Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart

Second Unit

• 468 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 07:55 AM

There is a single Aeon Flux DVD but it is now out of print and sells for roughly $100.

An Amazon customer gives a good description of it:
Quote:
This 2 hour disc contains 4 original episodes from the TV series, 4 shorts seen on Liquid Television and 1 lengthy never-before-seen short. The episodes seem to be centered around Trevor Goodchild's controlled city.

PS If your tape is wearing out, you can legally make a copy of it for your own personal use, either to another VHS tape, or better yet, digitally on your PC to VCD.

#3 of 13 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 11:53 AM

Info
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 13 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 12:57 PM

I've got the DVD, found it used for about $12. Question: does the disc represent the contents of all 3 vhs tapes, or just the first, or a mix of the 3?
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#5 of 13 Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 11:34 PM

I used to have the first two VHS tapes (didn't know there was a third) and the DVD is definitely only the first...I sold all my VHS ages ago and was disappointed that there was no followup for Aeon on DVD...I still have the now out-of-print disc, but would gladly sell it if I knew there was a complete set coming on dual-layer disc.

#6 of 13 DaveBB

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted January 16 2003 - 02:18 AM

I had a friend get hosed by getting the bait and switch on Ebay. The seller said a couple of times it was a new DVD; instead he got a fake VCD.

#7 of 13 Matt Rexer

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted January 16 2003 - 03:26 AM

MTV doesn't seem to care about its Liquid TV-era toons at all. Even in 1997 when the AF DVD came out, it was essentially a direct port of the VHS version's master with some chapter markers thrown in. MTV put minimal work into it. They haven't said a peep about AF since.

All of the eps were released on the tapes. But they were completely out of order on them, mixing the 5 min season 1 eps with the 30 min season 2 eps. Here's how I remember them breaking down:

Tape 1/DVD = Pilot, 4 season one, 4 season two
Tape 2 = 1 season one, 3 season two
Tape 3 = 3 season two

Sometimes Peter Chung drops by here, but there is zero DVD news.

Me, I took the 3-tape set and the DVD and turned them into a 3-DVD-R set for myself. Love it. Nothing like being able to pop in a disc and skip directly to the episode I want to watch. Plus, my tapes were starting to decay on me...
~sometimes my arms bend back~

#8 of 13 Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted March 19 2003 - 01:50 PM

Who owns the rights to Aeon Flux now?
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#9 of 13 JeffMuller

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator

• 183 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 05:34 AM

I want this.

I never got to watch them all on MTV, because my wife couldn't stand them.

#10 of 13 Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor

• 822 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 09:57 AM

IMO, I believe that MTV still owns the rights to Aeon Flux. MTV totally sucks when it comes to DVD's. Basically, MTV releases very little of their older shows onto DVD & when they do release their shows on DVD, it is almost always a best of disc (their are exceptions such as Real World & The Osburnes, these are released in season format.)

IMO, MTV should take all of their older shows such as Aeon Flux, Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, etc & release these shows onto DVD in season format w/ uncut episodes.

#11 of 13 Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair

Producer

• 3,320 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 10:43 AM

Did AF (legit) DVD come with an insert?
Got mine used and no insert.
Would be helpful too know, if I am going to sell this sucker for a $100!

MTV, I want my Nirvana Unplugged!
Movies are: "The Greatest Artform".
HD should be for EVERYONE!

#12 of 13 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
Did AF (legit) DVD come with an insert?
Got mine used and no insert.

No, no insert. Just a tri-fold "Sony Music" catalog of their DVD offerings. You can steal one out of a same-era "Elmopalooza" or similar offering and the AF release would be "complete". Posted Image

Better be, for $100!!! Posted Image

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#13 of 13 Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted March 20 2003 - 01:03 PM

No insert in my vintage ultra-rare Aeon Flux DVD, that I bought the day it came out, for $24 CDN.

Wow I actually have something of value?
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

Forum Nav Content I Follow