What's new

Directors head to head tourney - draft 1 vs. draft 2 (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I've taken out all the films chosen in both drafts, and pitted the rest against each other. I couldn't think of any way to set up brackets where I wouldn't get accused of bias, so I'm skipping the brackets for this one. Both lists have been alphabetized, and we'll just keep pitting films against each other until one draft is eliminated.
First,
Aguirre: The Wrath of God vs. Adaptation

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Abstain

This is a fine idea for a tourney, but the result (obviously) will be meaningless.

The only way to accurately determine which Draft has the better list of films (excluding the mutual ones) is to list them all and have people vote on which is the better list.

Doing it this way, you could have a result where one draft has a great film that the other draft didnt pick. That one great film beats the crap out of every film from the other draft. But, other than that one great film, the rest of the films from that draft could be total crap, resulting in the draft with the better overall list losing.

I understand that isn't necessarily the goal here, but it does come across that way.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
My heart belongs to Fitzcarraldo, and I have no special loyalty to Aguirre, as wonderful as I think it is. I'll go for the one that wowed me most recently.
Adaptation

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Damnit, I'd love to be able to vote (because it means I'd have seen Adaptation), but it better be real good if it beats Aguirre!

Abstain

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I think the title of this thread is a misnomer..it's not "Draft 1 vs Draft 2". You've got to do as Rob said to get actual results of such a matchup.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
We've got a tie, which unfortunately I can't break since I haven't seen Adaptation. The next vote on it wins, or if there's not a vote by tomorrow both films will move on.
As for the nature of this tournament, this tournament is just that, a tourney. If someone else would like to do a "poll - draft 1 vs. draft 2" and just put the two lists in their entirety up for a vote, go ahead, and I'll participate. But this is not a poll, it's a tournament pitting the unique films of the two drafts against each other. I never claimed it to be anything else, and everyone is free to participate or not as they would like.
Next,
Airplane! vs. Akira

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks