What's new

Fearless Vampire Killers (1 Viewer)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
I read in a British mag that Polanski's THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS was coming out on MGM's Midnite Movies series. Anyone know if this is true?

Cheers

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Would make sense since the musical based on it is currently on B'way. Probably the best time to capitalize...
:) D

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure that Warner owns the rights to this film so I don't think it can be part of MGM's Midnite Movie series here in region 1.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I believe this was just announced as a double feature by MGM. Check the Bits' new section.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I can't find it, but I probably have it mixed up with The Vampire Lovers/Countess Dracula disc coming from MGM.

Too many Vampire titles...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MGM might well own the video rights to this film in the UK. Here we must wait for Warner to spit out.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
I am just praying for the announcement to come. (I'm the one who created the petition to have the film released on DVD.)

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
I just hope nobody gets the idea of using the butchered US release - from what I've read, it must be really bad.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
sweeeeeeeeeet....
and 'bout time!
Also, will the Kolchack flicks be new transfers??
:) D

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
Great news!

So, will this R1 release be the full European version (Dance of the Vampires)? The title doesn't make me optimistic.

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Me neither. I mean, if that's the case it's coming in, it definitely doesn't look like Dance of the Vampires. Polanski reportedly hated the other title (the one featured prominently on dvdanswers.com).

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it will only be a must-buy for me if it is the uncut European cut with a good transfer. I'm a big fan of Polanski, but this isn't one my favourites. But I would buy it to bolster my Polanski collection if it is the Euro cut.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
The US laserdisc was titled "Fearless Vampire Killers" but it was the longer European version. I'm reasonably sure that it will be the longer version. The shorter one has not been shown in years.

JayHM

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I just wanna chime in and say that this film (the longer version specifically) was one of my favorites as a kid, and I distinctly remember appreciating it as both a comedy and a serious vampire film. The gothic atmosphere was exceptional. Great mood, cinematography, and music, and very funny as well. I'm definitely picking this one up.

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, so I'm late to the party :) This is as one might expect from my sig, awesome news in my opinion. I think Ken Koc is right on the money with his comment regarding the longer and shorter versions. I say this because even my MGM/UA Turner VHS tape from 1990 is the longer uncensored version. But unfortunately, it's MAR...arrrrgggh! The Fearless Vampire Killers (or Dance of the Vampires) released in anamorphic widescreen on DVD in a non-Snapper case in early October?! What an early Halloween treat! You go, Warner! Did I say I'm excited? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks