What's new

Where can I find Wharfedale Pacifics? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Witz

Auditioning
where is the best place on the web or Iowa to find and buy the Pacific series?

Thanks-
Ryan

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Ryan

Which Pacifics are you looking for.??

Do you have a specific model or model #s and wood veneer finish your looking for?

What I've been told by Jeff head of Wharf USA is:
=======>
The Original Pacific line has been dropped for the New Pacific Evolution line....That line ran for aproxmently 2 years production.
=======>
The Pacific Evolution line, or EVO's for short, is a "dealer only line". You can check Wharfedale USA/IAG for US dealer locations.
=======>
The Original "dropped" Pacific line, dose shows it's face now and then at Ebay. They are floating around out their but are much harder to come by.
It's been out of production for a number of months now.
A gentelman out of Texas sells the Pacifics-LE line (Limited Edtion) now and then at Ebay.
Same speakers, just veneered in a beautiful Birds Eye Maple...

He had the biggest tower/bookshelf/ and Center up just last week.

Hope this helps some....
Geoff

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Yes for the Original Pacifics!

The only auction for the largest PI-40 tower in real Rosewood veneer, the rarest to find, is over!!! They were Refurbs but carried a 3-year warranty from Wharf another screw up on Ubids part. Refurbs are 90-days usually.

I don't want to talk about it, as my server dropped me in the middle of credit card confirmation on my bid in the last 5 min of auction. I would have won no question as I bid 170.00 bid butler. I lost out on the deal of the day for my brother....

I was picking up 4 of them for him.
They, (Ubid), screwed up on the weight in the auction also, as these wiegh 60-lbs apiece shipped and had them listed at 4-lbs!!!!

Everyone that walked away (8 speaks were up for auction), with closing prices from 119.99 to 125.99 a piece plus 10.25 shipping. A flat out steal period....

This is their best speaker short of the Evolution, their more laid back sound is not for all, but a well respected and reviewed speaker with the typical (very well done Britt sound).....
Damn good looking to!

I broke my best keyboard and used much lanuage not allowed here,,, belive you me....

I was on the blower to Ubid ASAP and they said they would give them to me for 138.00 if the Warehouse had any left in stock. NO GO, thats all their is and they don't expect more...Got a 25.00 cupon to apply to my bnext order, better than nothing but would trade it for the 4-speaks at 138.00+ shipping of 10.25 in a second.

I leave licking my wounds.

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Geoff,
Sorry to read of your troubles and misadventures with Ubid...
I know that feeling...:frowning:
I too considered for a brief moment bidding on 4 of the speakers, but nothing in the auction seemed correct (weight, warranty, ect.) and they were refurbs... Definately a gamble at Ubid. Ubid seems to have enough problems getting it right with new items which are listed correctly.
All that, and the fact that I need more speakers like I need a hole in the head (that's never stopped me before, mind you...)
I don't know if you were following this auction from the beginning, but even the original specs posted on the lower portion of the page were incorrect, they were for Atlantic series surrounds... thus only a few pounds for shipping. Although they changed the specs, they missed the shipping info mistake.
Well, again I feel for you. Someone might have gotten a real bargain...
Perhaps next time it will be you... ;)
Keep Smilin' -JD

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
I live for their screw ups!

The ad was wrong yes, and the weight, yes. But they have to stand behind the titled header product and weight posted!

People are bidding on the titled product and the weight posted regardless of the body description.
So, yes the shipping is 10.25 and the speaker sold is the PI-40 in real Rosewood. Some people got a fantastic buy. And Wharfs Refurbs look perfect. You would be *extremly* hard pressed to find anything wrong with them. They, (Wharfedale), CS service is exellent if you were to ever have a problem.
Also they carry a full 3 year warranty on the PI-40 refurb line in that auction..!

I know this because of a long semi heated conversation with Ubid after their server dropped/lost my bid on the PI-40's, that would have snagged my brother 4 of them along with the matching center later, and at the shipping weight posted in the auction ad!

Others that have bought Audio stuff their, also know that they, (Ubid) make ad write ups & weight mistakes like this every now and then. Also they screw up regular orders, so I guess it all evens out in the end. But when you get a chance like today to get one big one over on them,
getting dropped with a sure win bid (with over 7-min left) really bits.

It's over now and thats that....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks