What's new

Superman The Movie - Deluxe box set (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Don't ya just HATE it when Amazon does this?!! :angry:
They leave ya flapping in the breeze wondering what the DVD details might be.
Sometimes I've noticed that they never change/update the technical specs for certain titles!

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Warner Bros. does this with their big movies. Twister, Matrix, Wizard of Oz all have big boxes with the DVD, soundtrack, photos, script, etc.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It's another Creative Design Arts release. I've got a bunch of them (The Perfect Storm with George Clooney's signature, 2001, Full Metal Jacket, Clockwork Orange). I don't really like them because you don't get the original case with them, and those boxes are made of sh*tty material and dent easily in transit.
It looks like they're doing one of Ocean's Eleven as well. Go to www.cdaentertainment.com for details.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Why not buy the CD?. It's a great score, and that CD presents the whole thing chronologically. The DVD has the score isolated, but it's edited heavily.
The score is my favorite of all time.
Neil

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
But that price is a bit steep for the cd...
Not really, since it's a 2 CD set and the ENTIRE score is covered, plus alternate tracks. It's like buying two separate CDs for $14.50 each, which isn't bad considering its sales rank at Amazon is 15,474. Less demand, more expensive.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, since I got the Superman DVD for $14.99, and can get any cd at a Disc-o-rama in manhattan for $9.99, (Don't have this 2cd if I remeber correctly, however...) I think it IS a bit steep.
It's the CD pricing structure in general. I often can buy the DVD's of beloved films for less than the Score.
Most soundtracks list for $17.99 or $18.99 and many of these films wind up listing for $14.99 with the easy ability to buy for $9.99. Like "Sleepy Hollow" for instance. It's just lunacy that the CD now costs more than the DVD....
:) D

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
The Rhino soundtrack release of Superman: The Movie is damn near perfect. Not only does it have every cue in the movie, alternate takes, concert and pop versions, it even has the funky source music that plays in Luthor's place. I can't say about other film scores, but I'd put this release as the best John Williams score release ever.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
That looks real sweet, kinda a bummer that they dont have the CD in there. Ive got the 1 disc one, but Ive been meanin to get the 2-disc. That poster is beyond cool, but wouldnt it be folded up? If so, then its kinda a sham, who wants a folded poster to hang up?

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I've been wanting a full size copy of that poster for ages. They pop up on eBay from time to time, but always sell for more than I'm willing to spend. I have always wished that someone would do a good quality reprint, however, I can't imagine the one included in this set is standard lobby size (27"x40"). I'd LOVE to be wrong though.

C

Gruson

Second Unit
Awesome poster and I love the lobby cards too. I may have to get this for my theater room. :)

CraigL

Screenwriter
The poster IS folded FYI...
And Dave Mack is right...us NYers are blessed with Disc-o-rama ;)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Not if they don't carry the 2 disc edition of Superman - The Movie.
I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't. They've always carried every soundtrack I was looking for.

And I wasn't just referring to this title.

Have you checked them out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks