-

Photo

Farscape - 1/10/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 Jon Torres

Jon Torres

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted January 10 2003 - 06:38 PM

I thought tonight's show was very good. Highly entertaining. I loved Claudia Black's outfit. I can understand Aeryn, but how in the world can Chiana and Grandma all of a sudden speak english? What is Scorpius planning?

#2 of 18 DwightK

DwightK

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 01:15 AM

CANDY!

#3 of 18 Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter

• 1,745 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 03:48 AM

I enjoyed the episode as well. Ms. Black looked very nice in the "Cher" outfit. As for the English thing, I think it's a bit of a plot hole but the flow of the show was going well enough that it really didn't bother me too much.
This message ends with Todd.

Hey kid you got no class. Hit the bums, kid. Run like the devil. Get a tin can and take up mooching. Knock on back doors for a nickel.
Tell them your story. Make 'em weep. You could have been a meat-eater, kid. But you didn't listen to me when I laid it down.
Stay off...

#4 of 18 Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 09:23 AM

Didn't I hear Aeryn say something about her speaking enough English to get by? That makes it even weirder, then they acknowledge the language barrier and then ignore it.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#5 of 18 Jon Torres

Jon Torres

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 10:11 AM

Just before the 1st interaction w/ the cop, Rygel says Aeryn knows enough english to get by. Also, I read someone's review of the show and he said from an earlier episode, John lost his virginity to a girl named Karen Shaw, which is the name Chiana told young John. So it's interesting he met the crew before he even became an astronaut.

#6 of 18 Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 11:38 AM

I only came into the series last year. Regarding Chiana, is her body white all over? I assume it is and was quite surprised to see Caucasian skin toned legs when she traversed the hood on young John's car.

#7 of 18 BrettK

BrettK

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 04:20 PM

I think she had red stockings on.
i might've been born yesterday
but i stayed up all night

#8 of 18 SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Second Unit

• 337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted January 12 2003 - 01:57 AM

I loved the episode. Particularly their "greeting" using the middle finger! LOL Posted Image
SpenceJT

My DVD Collection
"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" - Capt. Mal Reynolds "Serenity"

#9 of 18 Jacob Perry

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 12 2003 - 07:39 AM

I thought that was hilarious that John lost his virginity to Chiana.

As for the crew speaking English, Umm how? Aeryn was learning but Chiana and Grandma should have been clueless and they seemed to have no trouble at all, which doesnt make sense. They should have all been like Dargo.

A pretty good episode.

Its sad though, knowing the series is coming to end.

The beginning of the end.

JP

#10 of 18 PhilipG

PhilipG

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts

Posted January 12 2003 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
As for the crew speaking English, Umm how? Aeryn was learning but Chiana and Grandma should have been clueless and they seemed to have no trouble at all, which doesnt make sense. They should have all been like Dargo.

This is assuming that aliens take the same time to learn a language as we do. With Aeryn the problem always seemed to be with pronunciation rather than syntax or vocabulary. The same with Chi and Wrinkles, it seems. As for Chi, she spoke quite sparsely, and made up for it in body language. Posted Image

#11 of 18 SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Second Unit

• 337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted January 12 2003 - 11:29 PM

Come to think about it, how are the characters able to converse with all of the life formst that they come accross. They couldn't all be injected with translation microbes! Posted Image

WOW, I hate to sound like William "Get a Life" Shatner, but we need to get a life! Posted Image

If you look at Farscape, there are plenty of plot holes, but it is the characters that shine.

Great show. I look forward to watching the remaing episodes and hope that SCI-FI sees a noticable jump in ratings.

Regards,
Spence
SpenceJT

My DVD Collection
"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" - Capt. Mal Reynolds "Serenity"

#12 of 18 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted January 13 2003 - 08:45 AM

Quote:
Regarding Chiana, is her body white all over?
Unfortunately, we don't really know for sure. (And she was wearing stockings.)

//Ken

#13 of 18 Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor

• 680 posts

Posted January 13 2003 - 09:05 AM

Well, we've seen Chiana topless from behind, so I think it's pretty safe to say she's white all over.

I thought this ep was decent overall, had some very good humor in it (especially the middle-finger bit). But the time travel plot was incredibly lame.
Jeff Kohn
http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn
My DVD Profiler Collection

#14 of 18 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted January 13 2003 - 03:39 PM

John really knows how to deliver those cliffhanger lines. "Was it a bass or a trout?" is another classic along with "You've got to be kidding me" and "Whoops".

#15 of 18 Mike McNertney

Mike McNertney

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted January 14 2003 - 05:48 AM

As for the crew speaking english, I think they handled it well. If you watch it again, you will see that they only actually know a few phrases. Of course, they can understand what everyone says just fine because of their translator microbes, but when actually talking to other humans they only say a few phrases. Like Chiana said "yes" "karen" "drive", and D'Argo said "yes" "no" "bite... me"

#16 of 18 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted January 14 2003 - 07:46 AM

As far as Noranti speaking English, I think there's a lot more to her than meets the eye...

#17 of 18 SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Second Unit

• 337 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted January 14 2003 - 02:48 PM

Nice pun Daniel!

...eye almost didn't see that one coming! Posted Image
SpenceJT

My DVD Collection

#18 of 18 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted January 15 2003 - 12:11 AM

Couldn't resist. Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow