Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony 34XBR800 Box

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Neil Nimmo

Neil Nimmo

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 10 2003 - 12:30 PM

This question may seem weak, but I have this huge Sony 34XBR800 box that the TV came in taking up a decent amount of space in my rather open basement. The box is currently too large to fit in my attic. I bought the tv on 11/15.

My question is - what would be the reason to keep the box? Will I ever need to ship it somewhere if it needs service or would someone come on location? What about after the warranty runs out? I do not plan on returning the TV, as it has been over 30 days (coupled with the fact that I love the TV). Should I break the box down to store in my attic in case I ever need the box for some reason?

Thanks.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   MattJP

MattJP

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted January 10 2003 - 03:06 PM

I am obsessive about all of my boxes...I have an entire room in the upstairs of my house dedicated entirely to boxes. I never throw them out. I dont know why I keep them all, I guess I just figure...what if I sell it, or I move it. The box sure would be nice to have in the event of a move.

for what it's worth
-Matt

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   McPaul

McPaul

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted January 11 2003 - 12:28 AM

You don't envision the possibility of moving during the lifetime of the tv? selling? -> 10 years?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Neil Nimmo

Neil Nimmo

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 01:45 AM

I do envision moving within 10 years but I do not think I would need the box to move it. I figured I could wrap it in a blanket and set it gently in the back of the UHaul. I figure if I move in 10 years, having to keep the box around (not broken down) for that long is just something I do not want to have to do. The box would be an ugly site in my basement for that time. If it would fit in my attic opening, it would be a no-brainer.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted January 11 2003 - 06:06 AM

Break it down and store it. Always best to keep the shipping cartons and the styrofoam packing material.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jamie^MEE

Jamie^MEE

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 30 2003 - 05:07 AM

Just out of curiosity, anyone know the dimensions of the 34XBR800 box? The TV should be delivered this week, and I'm a little concerned re: the width of a doorway...

Thanks!