Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"The Shield" Season 2 -- General Discussion for ALL Episodes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#21 of 105 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted January 16 2003 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
I have a feeling this dude is going to hurt somebody from the PD in the next couple of episodes......what do you guys think.....

He's already done that. In season one he blew away one of his own team who was cooperating with IA.

#22 of 105 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted January 16 2003 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
He's already done that. In season one he blew away one of his own team who was cooperating with IA.

I think Rhett was referring to Amadeo.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#23 of 105 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted January 17 2003 - 07:40 AM

Quote:
I think Rhett was referring to Amadeo.

Yup that is who I was refering to....This guy kinda reminds me of the russion dude from season 1..but worse....At least I think the dude was russian.....

R~
My DVD Collection

#24 of 105 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted January 17 2003 - 07:49 AM

Quote:
I think the dude was Russian

The "jesus" guy? He was Armenian, but yeah, I was a little sad they never did anymore with him after he escaped.
Should this thread just be the official season 2 thread?
JQ

#25 of 105 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts

Posted January 18 2003 - 07:01 AM

Quote:
The "jesus" guy? He was Armenian

That dude was ruthless too. It is sad he hasn't appeared again. Maybe they are saving him for some twist...who knows.... I still love the show thou........

Tuesdays can't seem to come quick enough....

R~
My DVD Collection

#26 of 105 OFFLINE   Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted January 18 2003 - 08:18 AM

I just watched the commentary for "Blowback" (the episode with the Armenian 'jesus' guy and found out that the guy that plays him was the writer of the episode, Kurt Sutter. But it didn't sound like they planned on him coming back - but you never know...
JQ

#27 of 105 OFFLINE   Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted January 20 2003 - 05:22 PM

All I can say, is that this is NOTHING like Hill Street Blues. Or CHiPs.

This is disturbing. And a wild ride. Me gusta!

#28 of 105 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted January 21 2003 - 02:52 PM

I finished the first season DVD set and went straight into the first 2 eps of S2 on DVDR, great start/continuation.
I love how Aceveda and Mackey working together. Now the captain is getting some heat too heh.
2 hours til EP3 tonight!

Are we gona keep it all in one long thread then?
Top: 1-10 | 11-20 | Complete Archives | Discs: 1397
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

#29 of 105 OFFLINE   Wade_Kennerson

Wade_Kennerson

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted January 22 2003 - 12:30 AM

Once again last night's show leaves the viewer with so many questions to be answered. It's hard to discuss without giving away plot.

As far as the official thread goes, we have a good start here but the thread topic is kind of mis-leading. I suppose this works though.

Concerning Season 2 Episode 3:

So many things went on in last night's show, but one thing I was really intreagued by was Detective Wagenbach (Dutch) got played by that psycho couple. I am interested to see how it affects him in the future if at all. One thing that bothers me though, deals with Vic getting shot. It seems next week he is going to be back out on the street. Considering the show keeps such a persistant timeline, I am wondering how they handle Vic's wound.

#30 of 105 OFFLINE   Jeff Gordon

Jeff Gordon

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted January 22 2003 - 01:13 AM

I have to say it: BEST show on TV. Period. I am amazed by this show every week, and I can't think of a show that comes close to holding my interest like this...Maybe Sopranos in it's heyday. Right now, no contest...

#31 of 105 OFFLINE   Chris Moe

Chris Moe

Screenwriter

• 1,087 posts

Posted January 22 2003 - 04:08 AM

Wade_Kennerson, concerning Detective Wagenbach (Dutch)

Something similar happened to him the first season. I don't remember all the specifics but one of the guys Dutch was interogating psycho analyzed him and cut way to close to the bone, in the end they got the guy but the last scene was showing Dutch in his car crying. It didn't really seem to effect him outside of that episode though.

I also do agree, the best show on TV.

#32 of 105 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 01:02 PM

Anyone know what was the song that played during the end of EP2 Dead Soldiers and then when the scene continued at the beginning of EP3 Partners, when Mackey was beating up that guy?
I really loved the guitar and "You seem to have it all, you seem to have contorl, but deep within your soul, you're losing it." etc.
New R1: Cube SE | Cube² | Noir Vol.1 | .hack//Sign Vol.1 | RahXephon Vol.1 | Assassins | Judge Dredd | One Hour Photo | Unfaithful

#33 of 105 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,065 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted January 29 2003 - 02:39 PM

The band is Tantric and the song is "Breakdown."

#34 of 105 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted January 29 2003 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
The band is Tantric and the song is "Breakdown."

That was quick, I didn't think anyone knew as I checked various message boards related to the series, thanks a lot!

#35 of 105 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,065 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted January 30 2003 - 04:05 AM

No problem. Posted Image

#36 of 105 OFFLINE   Rollie

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted January 30 2003 - 02:47 PM

Yes, but the real question is, what was the song playing at the end of Dead Soldiers. That's the one I want to get!

By the way, does anyone else find Vic's new CI somewhat lacking. Tio (sp) seemed too smart for his role in the show. I guess the writers figured they needed a CI more like Rondell, basically a screw up.
"Some people play hard to get, I play hard to want."

#37 of 105 OFFLINE   Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant

Second Unit

• 495 posts

Posted February 05 2003 - 05:23 AM

just watched episode 3 from season 2 "Partners" with Carl Weathers...

There was a reference to Rocky III in it the episode

When Joe Clark (Weathers) was talking to the strike team and Vic walks in and looks at him and says

"This guy taught me everything I know", and Clark responds, "but not everything I know".

Rocky III.

Rocky : "How you gonna do that, I thought you taught me everything you know...."
Apollo: "Almost everything... you gotta remember stallion, you fight great but I'm a great fighter"

I thought it was a nice touch.

#38 of 105 OFFLINE   LennyP

LennyP

Supporting Actor

• 587 posts

Posted February 11 2003 - 06:13 PM

I'm so sad and pissed off that Connie got killed, I loved her so much, my favorite character. Posted Image

Before it happened, I was so tense and hoping nothing would touch her as I've never been, at least I don't remember, wishing for something not to happen, caring so much for a character in any movie or TV series.

#39 of 105 OFFLINE   Rollie

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator

• 218 posts

Posted February 12 2003 - 12:54 PM

Mackey seems to have bad luck with his CIs this season. So far, season two seems to be doing a good job of tying up plot threads from the first season. The return of the Manny Sandoval character surprised me most of all. We'll see what happens next week with Tulips.
"Some people play hard to get, I play hard to want."

#40 of 105 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Screenwriter

• 2,065 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted February 25 2003 - 03:08 PM

How does Vic do it? Armadia looked to have him right where he wanted him but somehow he makes it out alive. And just when you think he's changed, the old Vic shows his face at the end. Best show on television right now.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow