What's new

The Tomahawk: 8 liter 500 hp motorcycle (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
You'd have to wear a few bullet proof vests or else hit an insect and die!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
that isn't a motorcycle, I count 4 wheels
also, there's a boss hoss that's 500hp and got its ass handed to it by a hayabusa or ZX12R (can't 'member) this will be slower I assume because of the weight, until the top end rush, motorcycles are painfully non-aerodynamic, I'm no physicist but I'm not sure 300 mph is possible. very few have even gone 200.

Drue Elrick

Stunt Coordinator
Why do I get the impression that that thing should be able to transform like those Robotech cycles...

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
How about this Turbine powered bike, though its top speed is only estimated at 250mph maybe you could get bigger turbine in order to go faster.
Anything on two wheels that goes that fast should not be called a motorcycle, it should be called a DEATH CATAPULT:D

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
also, there's a boss hoss that's 500hp and got its ass handed to it by a hayabusa or ZX12R (can't 'member) this will be slower I assume because of the weight, until the top end rush, motorcycles are painfully non-aerodynamic, I'm no physicist but I'm not sure 300 mph is possible. very few have even gone 200.
The Tomahawk allegedly goes from 0-60 in 2.5 seconds with a top speed of nearly 300mph. Sorry, but not even a turbo Hayabusa has a prayer against that.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I think the key word there is allegedly. Has it been tested? no.
oh, and the stock hayabusa can do 0-60 in 2.6. Most of it depends on the rider. But the facts are clear, a ZX12 stomped a 500hp v8 bike not once, but several times.

I still don't believe that bike can do 300, the Y2K can do something like 250. And it's fully faired, and much more aerodynamic

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
That "Tomahawk" has four wheels from the picture. It's an interesting vehicle but no motorcycle.
It absolutely can't do 300 mph, at least with a rider aboard, unless they do some serious fairing and aerodynamic work.
I love that turbine powered bike, it is so funny. I'm surprised it's not made by Kawasaki Heavy Industries since they have a very large gas turbine development arm.
Philip, it must be cool to be a motircyclist in "grand forks". Are those "grand forks" Ölins by any chance? Showa? Kabaya?
One of the mags tested my '95 GPZ1100 ("detuned" ZX-11 motor) at 2.3 sec for 0-60 off the showroom floor :eek:. I can tell you it hauls serious ass up to about 120, then falls off. (60-100 roll-on is almost scary - but not in ZX11/12/Hayabusa/CBR-XX territory)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Philip, it must be cool to be a motircyclist in "grand forks". Are those "grand forks" Ölins by any chance? Showa? Kabaya?
showa 43mm forks, compression, rebound, and preload adjustable, and a sachs rear (also 3 way)
To upgrade to ohlins I would need a mille R forks and triples. It's been done before, but the showas are sprung pretty heavily and work fine for me. It's an easy, but expensie swap.
the sachs is off a standard mille, the sachs they put on the falco is a pile of crap, well unless you weigh less than 150lbs.
I'm not sure what the deal is with the ohlins wannabe gold, the previous falcos had black forks, I had not noticed that until just now.
the top end decay sucks, if motorcycles weren't so DAMN un aerodynamic...
if you consider no trees, wind, flat, straight roads, a 7 month winter, and a 3.5 hour drive to the nearest track (BIR) cool, then cool it is :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Considering that the Dodge Tomahawk isn't capable of moving in any direction but a straight line without falling over, it shoudlr eally be considered a drag-bike, or a salt-flats speedster.

And in both cases its horribly underpowered and far too heavy.

It is nothing more than a styling concept that was never meant to work.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, the concept of "ridability" is an issue here. This would not be a machine to do the sacred twisties of Mullholland Highway or the Angeles Crest Highway or legendary Highway 33 (the SoCal canyon carver's mecca).
It's a concept machine, and in that sense it's interesting. Interesting also to see a four-wheel OEM's take on the two-wheeled sport (and their's has four wheels!).
Gimme a CBR/YZ-F/GSX-R/ZXR-prefixed bike any day! :)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
A quick check of motorcycle speed records quickly dismisses the "400mph" claim.
Especially since the only bike capable of going 300 mph has 1500 horsepower.
500 gets you into the low-9 second quarter mile times. Not exactly hot shit.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
No not at all, and notice I only posted the 700 GSX-R, because that's about all I could handle.

I not even close to man enough for this one.
I love the look of the Hayabusa

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks