What's new

Can't wait to see the Paradigm Reference Signature line (1 Viewer)

DonJ

Second Unit
I was all set to go and pick up my Nat 805 Sig's and I came across this link for the new Paradigm series coming out.Paradigm Reference Signature line. I'm already a Paradigm owner so this is very interesting. I gave my local dealer a call to find out when they're coming out and how much they're going to be. Apparently the flagship model is going to about 6K. I checked the pic and I love the way it looks and I already love the Paradigm sound. So I might have to wait till March when they will receive there demo floor models.

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Did you see that center channel :eek:
That thing looks huge. And they are using what looks like 3" midranges. Interesting approach. I can't wait to listen to them.

DonJ

Second Unit
Yeah the series pretty much stopped me in my tracks about the B&W 805 Sig's. I have to hear these first before I buy anything.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I must say they do look impressive.

This is kind of a big risk for Paradigm. Always known as a great "bang for the buck" speaker that offered great value, but almost shunned by the high end audiophile community. Even though they probably don't lurk on this forum, there are still many audiophiles that would consider a flagship speaker at 8K relatively cheap and the fact that Paradigm still is offering this speaker with a metal dome tweeter could dissuade some who like soft domes, silk domes or ribbons. There could be a perception amongst the snobbish audiophile community that they would never buy a Paradigm speaker simply because of the value reputation of the company. Changing stereotypes is always difficult and for most of us these speakers are out of our price range, but for those of whom they are not, will they be taking a chance on Paradigm against something with a slightly more elitist reputation? Time will tell.

DonJ

Second Unit
I was reading the audioasylum and you are right the audiophile community is very skeptical of the new Paradigm, saying that I think Paradigm is more than ready to prove them all wrong with a speaker that performs so flawlessly that they will be undeniable. I was quoted by my local dealer that the highest model will be around 6K more than reasonable and if they perform as well as they look I will be purchasing them.

BrianKR

Second Unit
DonJ,
See if your local dealer can quote you a price on the HUGE center channel! I would buy it simply because of how "MEAN":angry: it looks :emoji_thumbsup:

Darrin M

Auditioning
I must admit I am relatively new to this but I have to say I don't understand 'audiophiles'. Aren't there so many different factors involved in good sound? Your source equipment, your listening room, your own ears for goodness sake. Maybe I am just a little to 'blue collar' for this hobby. I don't have a dedicated listening room and I know my ears have been damaged and I can't here the upper register as well as others. I just can't seem to understand the whole price=value mindset. Do all these people drive BMW's and Mercedes instead of good old Fords and Chevy's, I kind of doubt it. Just because a Canadian company can offer a good product at a fair price they are shunned by people, who I don't doubt are educated in the area of music and sound equipment, just because they aren't priced out of Joe Averages reach? Sorry I rant. Good luck to Paradigm with their new line. Me and my tin ear are off to drive down to Wal-Mart in my Dodge pick-up listening to AM radio.:)

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
I would choose B&W over Paradigm any day of the week. Just given Paradgm's past attempts, I can't say I would trust them to come out with a competitive offering in that price range. With that said, I would reserve final judgement until after I heard them.

Just because a Canadian company can offer a good product at a fair price they are shunned by people,
That's not the reason they are shunned. That's an incorrect assumption on your part. They are shunned because of the sound they produce. They have had issues with their tweeters for as long as I can remember, and each attempt to better that situation by updated versions has been dissappointing, to say the least.

DonJ

Second Unit
Hey Mark Think that B&W Nautilus line is better than any that Paradigm puts out right now, but I think in all other lines Paradigm is the better buy by far. I did a head to head comparison between the Studio 100's, Monitor 9's, and the B&W CDM9NT. To my ears the Studio was a much better speaker in comparison, it equaled or surpassed it in imaging, clarity, and depth then delivered a lethal blow in bass response. Then the Monitor 9 was so close in performance to the CDM9NT that I could not justify the $1,800.00 difference and still it produced way more in the lower range.
IMO Paradigm could surpass the B&W Nautilus range all the way up to the N800 for far less in this new line. But we'll just have to wait an see.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
Don,

While I would disagree with your assessment, I don't think it's really important. We all have differing opinions on sound, and what's most important is what satisfies you.

Darrin M

Auditioning
Mark,
Point taken. Like I said I am relativly new at this, and maybe it's the Canadian in me:). My responce was really a rant after reading the auio asylum thread. On that and other forums and Paradigm gets bashed around pretty good for reasons that don't really make sense to me, but with time I may begin to understand.
I would also wonder how much I am missing with damaged hearing (high range sounds), I truly enjoy the full sound of my old Paradigm 3se. I have a friend who sells Paradigm and others so I have listened to some speakers in controlled listening environments and I enjoy the Paradigm the best. Plus it is generally much more resonably priced

Darrin M

Auditioning
Mark,
Point taken. Like I said I am relatively new at this, and maybe it's the Canadian in me:). My response was really a rant after reading the audio asylum thread. On that and other forums and Paradigm gets bashed around pretty good for reasons that don't really make sense to me, but with time I may begin to understand.
I would also wonder how much I am missing with damaged hearing (high range sounds), I truly enjoy the full sound of my old Paradigm 3se. I have a friend who sells Paradigm and others so I have listened to some speakers in controlled listening environments and I enjoy the Paradigm the best. Plus they are generally much more reasonably priced. I appreciate the opinions given in a forum like this as it really helps me, and others I am sure, learn more about our common hobby. Thanks.

DonJ

Second Unit
There are a lot of Paradigm on this site who else is excited about this new line.
Haven't heard from John Garcia yet. Hey John whatcha think???

BrianKR

Second Unit
I did a head to head comparison between the Studio 100's, Monitor 9's, and the B&W CDM9NT. To my ears the Studio was a much better speaker in comparison, it equaled or surpassed it in imaging, clarity, and depth then delivered a lethal blow in bass response.
I did this same comparison in home and at stores using the same hardware for both. I share don't your opinion that the Studio 100's are better then CDM9NT's, but I do agree they are as good as them. The 100's have stronger bass/sound stage and the 9's have the edge in clarity/detail. They are both excellent speakers!

It isn't until the Nautilus line where they walk away from the Studio line but at a substantial price difference. I own both Studios and the Nautilus speakers and I myself am "very" interested in the signature line!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks