What's new

Set Top Box (1 Viewer)

I have a Mitsubishi ws-55819 16:9 HDTV.
What would be the best Set top box to buy. The DTV section for hook up has the r,g,b and a Horiz. and Vert sync input.

Do I need the H & V sync connection's on the set top box to match the input's on the TV.?

Which Set top Box offers this ..

Need Help
List any web site's that offers this type of unit

Thanks dennis

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Dennis,
you don't need a set top box with the H & V sync. One with component output is fine.

Hugo

Hugo ,
Thanks!! I found that out also last night I bought a set top box and tried it. In my area the HDTV broadcast are hard to receive and I can only get 3 stations.

One of the stations the picture is awsome but I can't justify the cost of the receiver for only a couple of stations right now so I'm returning the unit. Hopefully as the market changes like it has been doing, the receivers will come down even more in price and they make the reception of hdtv better (full signal) I get another one.

Hugo thanks alot again,
Dennis

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Dennis,
you could also get a directv HD receiver. This way you would get the 3 HD over-the-air stations and 3 more directv channels. Just a thought.

Hugo

Brad Gable

Grip
Hugo,

Are you staying that I could get a direct tv HD receiver and not have to get a set top box? I thought you would still have to get a separate set top box.

Thanks
Brad

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Brad,
you're correct, most directv HD receiver can decode over-the-air HD signals (DTV). RCA, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Sony are brands that make this directv HD receiver. This way you get the HD channels from your antenna and 3 more from directv (HBO, Showtime and HDnet). To get the directv HD channels you need a eliptical dish, not the round dish, and also a second LNB (that's the dish receptor). Hope that helps.

Hugo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks