Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Trouble getting 5.1 from my Xbox to my Kenwood VR-506 (Part 2)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 11:21 AM

Hi guys. I recently bought an xbox and have the audio hooked up to my Kenwood VR-506 "CD/DVD" input via its Digital optical input. My problem is I can not get 5.1 out of it. I have the xbox set to Dolby Digital and on the receiver it is showing that all 6 speakers are selected however sound is only coming out of the front ones. Also on the receiver it says Downmix Stereo" and it indicates that Dolby Digital is selected. I have check the Kenwood website and my manuals but they are not of any help. Do you guys have any ideas?

I am including a link to the pdf version of the manual in case anyone wants to take a look through it to see if I am missing something.

ftp://docs.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/OM...-2001-KUSA.pdf

#2 of 3 Duke

Duke

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted January 06 2003 - 01:57 AM

there are 3 setting in the xbox audio
set the first to dolby digital, the second dobly digital enabled, and 3rd DTS enabled.

The rest should be based on the games. HALO is 5.1
good day for a mow

#3 of 3 Ammon

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator

• 129 posts

Posted January 06 2003 - 03:24 AM

I'm not familiar with the Kenwood, but on some receivers you have to select a digital signal evem though its all hooke dup correctly. Also, if you purchased the Monster HiDef pack for the Xbox, there have been alot of complaints with it not working in DD. The actual Microsoft Xbox HiDef pack is the better buy. I havent seen a game yet that isnt DD, so with everything set up correctly, it should work!