Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Trouble getting 5.1 from my Xbox to my Kenwood VR-506

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 04 2003 - 07:54 PM

Hi guys. I was unsure if this is supposed to go here or in the Receivers section so please excuse me if I am wrong. I recently bought an xbox and have the audio hooked up to my Kenwood VR-506 "CD/DVD" input via its Digital optical input. My problem is I can not get 5.1 out of it. I have the xbox set to Dolby Digital and on the receiver it is showing that all 6 speakers are selected however sound is only coming out of the front ones. Also on the receiver it says Downmix Stereo" and it indicates that Dolby Digital is selected. I have check the Kenwood website and my manuals but they are not of any help. Do you guys have any ideas?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,845 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted January 05 2003 - 12:58 AM

Jamie, two things: #1 - Is this happening during gameplay or while you are in the dashboard? The dashboard comes up in Dolby surround, but actual gameplay is always 5.1. #2 - Check your dashboard audio setup and make sure the following is selected -- Dolby digital (enabled), DTS (enabled - assuming your receiver supports it) and Dolby Surround (enabled - NOT mono or stereo.) Hopefully, that'll do it. Gary
Gary

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 07:02 AM

All my dashboard settings are already setup as such. I cannot understand what is going on. Maybe it would be best if I can try to track down a forum for kenwood users. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,265 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 07:37 PM

Also...Make sure the game you are playing supports 5.1, not all of the games do...... R~
My DVD Collection

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   DonJ

DonJ

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted January 05 2003 - 07:47 PM

Make sure that you have the optical input set for the channel that you are using. IF your reciever has an OSD take a look in there to check.
I'm still typing with a broke hand and it sucks.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Howie A

Howie A

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted January 06 2003 - 03:59 AM

Jamie I also have a Kenwood a different model but I still think I can help you with this. If all other things are good to go (which it sounds like they are) then the only thing I think you need to do is to look for a button on you receiver that says SOUND it might be on the remote too. It should cycle through a few settings like Pro Logic, 3 Speaker Stereo, Down Mix and Digital Dolby. (or something like that) If this does not work make sure that if there is a button for the "A" and "B" sets of speakers, make sure that only the one you have connected is the button that is selected. Let us know if that helps and enjoy.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jamie Bunker

Jamie Bunker

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 06 2003 - 06:00 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you Howie A!!!! The suggestion about the speaker setup worked. I had it setup so A and B were set up but where I only have 1 set of speakers, I switched to A and now is all ok. Thank you again to everyone who replied, especially Howie!!!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Howie A

Howie A

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted January 06 2003 - 07:36 AM

Glad to help. I am sure you will be busy for quite some
time just listening to all that 5.1 gaming goodness.. Posted Image
You are going to hear parts to games that you were unable
to pick up before. Thats the cool part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users