What's new

Judd Apatow mentions "Freaks and Geeks" possibly coming to DVD in 2003 (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
According to a post by Judd Apatow:
We are close to figuring out how to get the DVD of Freaks and Geeks out some time next year. It would help if I could put together a mailing list of everyone who wanted the DVD so they (Dreamworks Video) could see the level of interest and have a way to contact everyone when it is released.
It's not quite as nice as a firm release date by any means, but...better than nothing, I guess.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Fans should let Dreamworks know that they are indeed interested. Sign up to the mailing list at the Freaks and Geeks website. E-mail the marketing department at:
universalstudios&[email protected]
This show needs to be put out on DVD!

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Like you said ,better than nothing!!

Going there right now, count me in!!!!

Later!!

Troy

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Judd posted this today
We are in the process of setting up a link to a mailing list you can sign up on if you want the DVD. I will also send a message about this to anyone oon our mailing list, which you can sign up for on this site. All of the attention to other sites lists of shows you want to see on DVD will surely help. Thanks for your interest. Pray for us.
Be sure to check the website for updates
http://www.freaksandgeeks.com

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It is an EXTREMELY popular item at TVShowsOnDVD.com...in the Top 50 most-wanted shows! Owner Gord Lacey would have to agree to post exact stats, but it's rather high on the list!

I agree, I loved that show when it was on TV, I'd definitely get the set on DVD . . . just put myself on that list too.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to buy this show on DVD, as well as "Undeclared". It always bothered me that these two gems didn't even get a chance on TV when shows like "Family Guy" were given chance after chance in spite of bad reviews and poor ratings.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Hey F&G faithful. A new mailing_list is available at the Freaks and Geeks website. As you may know, the music rights are pretty expensive for F&G but Dreamworks will buy the music rights as long as there is interest. Sign up and show Dreamworks that Freaks and Geeks will be a success. Let's make this the year we get Freaks and Geeks on DVD!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Is there still a MSCL forum? This should be posted there, I think a lot of MSCL fans would be interested in this....or they should be!

I signed up, of course.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
There are only 113 signatures as yet. Seems like it should be more.
Well I'm not sure how long it's been up and it's kinda hidden on the site. It was an unlabed banner that I noticed had DVD in the URL.
Pass the word on to all the forums and fansites you can. I sent a message to Gord at TvShowsOnDVD so hopefully he'll post it in a news update since the show's in the top 50 requested shows.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I really don't think we need to sign another petition to let them know people want to buy this on DVD. I know I've signed up at a bunch of places already, and well more than 120 people have voted for the show at TVShowsonDVD.com.

They *must* know the demand is there...now it's up to them to meet that demand and hopefully be able to provide the episodes in their original form, music intact.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jason Rosenfeld and I spoke to Judd a few weeks ago and suggested he put the petition up. I also suggested that he include a survey for people to fill out to collect more information on what people want. Maybe he'll do that later.

I've never seen the show but I've heard a whole lot about it. I hope it makes it to DVD so I can see what everyone is talking about.

Gord

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Well this is THE petition that Judd and Paul are going to show to Dreamworks.
I understand that, and I signed it, but it's just that there are maybe 19 out of 20 people out there who would buy "Freaks and Geeks" on DVD that DON'T know about this petition.
Nonetheless, I really would like to get the complete short-lived series. Glad to see it may happen. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I'm glad to see that Apatow and co are still pushing this show, and good for them.

I signed the petition (#169) and added a link into my signature. If you have room, I suggest doing it as well.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks