What's new

WIND coming to DVD on 3/11!!!! (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
:emoji_thumbsup:
I am really excited about this news (I saw it on tdb today).
Can anyone else confirm this or have info on it??
I am assuming that its going to just be a barebones release, but it will sure be nice to finally have this on DVD!!
March 11, 2003 is the date
Greg

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
This info was confirmed by Bill Hunt over at theDigitalBits.com so it is a pretty safe bet that it will be out on 3/11. This really is a pretty good movie whether you are into sailing or not. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Chris S.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to remember that a member of our forum was petitioning for this film to be released on DVD. I guess he finally got his wish. I love this movie and the music score by Basil Poledouris is one of his best. I have this title on laser and it will be a sad day when I have to retire it since it sounds so freakin great.

TimJS

Second Unit
Hold on to that LD!
This is not the '92 America's Cup film with Modine. Nor, as I had hoped, is it the 1928 Sjostrom masterpiece. No, this is a cult film with Meg Foster, dir by Mastorakis.
Here is Image's description:
In a mystical, isolated village in Greece, mystery writer Sean Anderson (Meg Foster) thinks she's found the perfect place to write her latest thriller. But she gets more than she bargained for when the wind begins, bringing with it a threat of danger, darkness, and death! This stylish psychological shocker co-stars Wings Hauser (Tales from the Hood), veteran British actor Robert Morley (Theater of Blood), David McCallum (The Watcher in the Woods) and Steve Railsback (Helter Skelter), with a haunting score by Academy Award-winning composer Hans Zimmer (Gladiator) and Stanley Myers. Don't watch it alone!
This film earned the prestigious BOMB rating in Maltin's guide.
Jes clarifyun,
Tim
How weird is that! 2 unrelated movies with the same title released the same month! Must've missed the Col/TriStar announcement on the Bits! Sorry 'bout the post!:b

DarrenA

Second Unit
I don't know, this certainly looks like the 1992 movie Wind starring Matthew Modine and Jennifer Grey...

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
TimJS The title you are refering to with Meg Foster is "The Wind" Dvdplanet now has both Wind and The Wind up now for preorder.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Twas me who petitioned for it; I had just about given up hope since the Americas Cup was already underway with no title announcement.

The back cover scan indicates a new high def 16:9 transfer (the existing German DVD is P/S I believe, so it should be brand new) with Dolby Surround. No extras except the trailer. Maybe one of the networks will run the HD master eventually, but for now I'll be more than happy with this DVD.

Plus it comes out 3/11...my birthday is 3/10...Happy Birthday to me!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Okay, we have all the "wind" movies cming out except THE WIND (1928) with Lillian Gish. Warner, ya hear?

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I hope we see some early reviews on this one real soon.....

If anyone has seen any post here.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I dont think that this is a big enough title or enough interest to see a early review. I have this one on preorder. I watch my laserdisc copy atleast three times a year.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I still have yet to see any early reviews of this title, but I'm not too surprised. I highly doubt that Columbia sent out any screeners for this disc.

Chris S.

ben_vaughan

Auditioning
I haven't been able to find this locally anywhere. Lots of places show it being released today, but it never arrived. One store (Wherehouse Music) showed it as 'inactive'. The fella checking for me speculated that it had been delayed. Has anyone heard any news?

Thanks,
Ben

DarrenA

Second Unit
All of the Best Buy stores in my area (Atlanta, GA) seem to have copies in stock. Do you have a Best Buy store in your area?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well I have had it in my hands since yesterday I just haven't had time to watch it yet (I'm an acocuntant and its tax season so ....).
I hope to get a chance to sit down this w/e and look at it on my 119" screen (should be quite cool!!) and then I can let you know.
The back of the case says
Digitally Mastered Audio and Anamorphic Video
Remastered in High Definition
Widescreen Presentation
Audio: English (Dolby Surround) :frowning:
Subtitles: English & French
Theatrical Trailers
Scene Selections
Interactive Menus
On the bottom it states
"Presented in a WIDESCREEN VERSION which preserves the original theatrical aspect ratio of 1.85:1"
So no sign of FULL FRAME anywhere here ;)
Also since its CTHV lets hope its up to their usual good standards with good transfer quality!
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks