Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Listen to this sound clip - Help me identify this Christmas song

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 09:53 AM

Well, I have another thread where I am asking for help with a Christmas song that I caught with Tivo while recording a show on TCM. Here is the clip of the song I recorded.

Click Here (or copy/paste in browser) For Song Clip:
http://www.jandafields.com/song.wav

I started a new thread for this because I wanted in the title of my thread "listen to the sound clip". Admins feel free to delete the other thread.

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 09:54 AM

Here is the text from my other thread: Hi all and Happy Holidays! I recorded The Bells of Saint Mary's with my Tivo over the Christmas Holiday off of TCM and at the end of the movie there was a little song and promotional video by TCM in which they played this 50's sounding song. I would love to know the title of this song if anyone saw it and knows the tune. My Tivo recording stopped just briefly into the song, but here are the lyrics I picked up off of the clip: "Snow is falling and friends are calling" "It's the winter wonderland we knew" "In our crazy kind of way" "It is in our hearts to say" "A happy, happy...." ...and that's all Tivo got. The whole song has some "doo-op" background singing going on with it. It sounds like a really cute song, and I would like to hear more of it. Anybody know a title. I know it's not much to go on, but the forum is great for this kind of stuff. Thanks for any help.

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike S H

Mike S H

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 02:03 PM

Did you try searching for the movie title ad imdb.com and looking for the movie soundtrack?
Our HOME THEATER Setup
[list=1][*]DVD Player: Sony DVP-S330[*]Receiver: Sony STR-DE845 (32bit DSP)[*]Subwoofer: Sony SA-WM40[*]Front speakers: Boston Acoustics CR-6[*]Rear speakers: Bose 201 Series III (60w/ch)[/list=1]

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 29 2002 - 04:35 PM

Mike: That's quite a challenge. I fancy myself something of a Christmas music buff and you've got me stumped on this one. Excellent idea to post a .wav of what you got off your Tivo. The doo-wop intro is IDENTICAL to the opening of White Christmas by the Drifters. I checked around on Amazon.com and couldn't find any obscure Drifters Christmas songs. It might be some sound-alike '50s group. I will look a little deeper into my collection and see what I turn up. I have a few compilation CDs that may yield something. Verrrrrry interesting!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted December 30 2002 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for your efforts Mike. I am looking at this as somewhat of a challenge myself and have a message at another forum as well. Someone over there mentioned The Drifters, too, so that could be on the right track. I'm still searching around and will let you know if I turn up anything.

#6 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 30 2002 - 05:40 PM

THIS IS MADDENING!!!!! Posted Image

I am hard at work on this, Mike! I have friends and family all putting their nose (ears) to the grindstone (speakers) to figure it out.

I thought I was close a couple of times, but came up empty. I am sure, however, we WILL persevere!

No luck, yet, on your end?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted December 31 2002 - 01:37 AM

I am starting to think this may just be something done especially for this TCM promo. It had a very high production value including the video for just a promotional ad. I am on sort of a mission to compile some unique Christmas songs, so when I came across this clip it became a part of my mission. I'm still doing some searching Mike, so I'll let you know if anything turns up. You do the same please. I went to TCM's website to see if I could email them from there and ask them about the song, but I didn't see a place to write them electronically. Maybe someone here knows an e-address for them.

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 31 2002 - 03:43 AM

I've already written TCM an e-mail question using your description. They promise no quick responses. Posted Image

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted December 31 2002 - 08:23 AM

Nice work Mike. Writing TCM may be the best course at this point. Let me know what you hear. Thanks.

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 31 2002 - 09:03 AM

Mike: I gotta tell ya, my entire family is walking around the house today singing the first 35 seconds of this song. Our favorite part is the end where we all sing "it's in our hearts to say....a happy, happy--ding" Posted Image

This is one very infectious 35 seconds!

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted December 31 2002 - 06:18 PM

Ha, ha, ha! That's great! You ought to see the video that went along with it. It is really cool, too. Maybe I'll capture it and post it next. Ha! Happy New Year everybody!

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor

• 974 posts

Posted January 01 2003 - 10:42 AM

Happy New Year Mike and good luck on your quest! I'm sure you'll get an answer within a couple of days.

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted January 01 2003 - 11:35 AM

Hey Mike Frezon, could you post that TCM email or PM me the address? Thanks.

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 01 2003 - 04:22 PM

No prob!

After you get to www.turnerclassicmovies.com go to the "feedback" section.

Once there, click on "Feedback and FAQ". Click on "Find Answers".

Once there, you'll see a tab that says "Ask a Question". Click on that and it takes you to a page where you can ask your question. You have to register with your e-mail, etc (only strange request is they insist on a URL from you. I don't have one, so I put in RoadRunner's --www.rr.com-- which is my ISP provider!).

And there you have it. They will assign a tracking number to your question and then YOU have to check in on the status of your question. You will click on "My Stuff" and then, "Questions". They do NOT e-mail the answer to you. Don't ask me why. With all these hoops, it seems like they really don't want to hear from people. Posted Image

Have at 'em! I will post immediately upon the receipt of a reply to my inquiry. Posted Image

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 03 2003 - 08:36 AM

Posted Image

Bad news, Mike! Here is the text of the e-mail I received today from TCM:

[quote] Dear Viewer,

The song that you are asking about was actually written for TCM about 8 years ago by a studio composer in Nashville, TN. The song has no name and it is not available anywhere to purchase that we are aware of. Thanks for the question!

TCM Web Staff [quote]

That's a shame! Guess we'll have to to some random taping of TCM next Christmas season, eh? Posted Image I doubt they're still airing a Christmas promo at this late stage.

Sorry.

#16 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Witt

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator

• 143 posts

Posted January 03 2003 - 04:41 PM

Bummer! Posted Image

Thanks for your help in searching this out Mike.

Wish they could have given us the creators name and email, ha, ha!

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,529 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 04 2003 - 07:30 AM

Mike: Don't know how Tivo works, but I guess you can't program it to record commercials or promos, eh? Posted Image

P.S. We're still singing all 35 seconds proudly around our house! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users