Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

self-heating shaving cream

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,994 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 07:46 AM

In College and just after (about 10 years ago) I can remember buyig self-heating shaving cream. It was THE BOMB! I loved it. I think it was made by edge or gillette and heated up with a chemical reaction either tio air or water. Then I got an electric razor and stopped using shaving cream for a few years. I finally decided I preferred the clean finish you can only get from a razor, so I went back to using shaving cream. Trouble is, I can't find the self heating kind. I bought an electric heater, but the heat just does not last. Also, I prefer to shave in the shower - not the best place for an electric ANYTHING. Does anyone here know what happened to my self-heating shaving cream or where I can get it?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Philip_G

Philip_G

Producer

• 5,035 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 08:22 AM

which electric heater do you have? My barber uses a heated cream dispenser to clean up the edges with a straight edge, I'd LOVE to have a heater for daily shaving, so I'm curious why you're not pleased with your's... not to derail the thread or anything Posted Image

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Peter Kline

Peter Kline

Screenwriter

• 2,409 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 08:46 AM

I remember those self-heating cans as well. They aren't available anymore. But many mail order catalogs sell dispenser heaters for cans. Check with Google. (And remember Barbasol has the biggest cans!)

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   HienN

HienN

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted December 29 2002 - 09:42 AM

I don't know about self heating shaving cream, but if you want to shave in the shower, Panasonic makes a wet-dry electric shaver (you just don't charge at the same time). I have one, but I prefer shaving dry!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users