What's new

The Road to the SuperBowl: The NFL Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
After today's games all of the playoff spots will be set and it will be time for the playoffs.

Ok fans, who is going to win it all?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
If McNabb is reasonably healthy, I think the Eagles have the best shot of going all the way. Getting the first round bye is very big for them. After seeing Feeley's performance yesterday, it is obvious he cannot deal with a decent defense come playoff time. He really lucked out playing teams out of contention or with bad defense the 4 weeks prior. A Green Bay loss against the Jets gives the Eagles home field throughout. Stamp their ticket to San Diego, no team wants to come into the Vet in January.

J

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
OAKLAND RAIDERS
The one good thing about being off until the 11th or 12th is it gives our secondary time to heal. The last couple of weeks the Raiders were a little thin on pass protection due to some key players being hurt(Woodson & Buchannan).
Plus the special teams has to get there s**t together. I can count multiple times in about 7-10 games where we got burned on long kick off or punt returns. The coverage has to improve.
Plus with the advantage of playing in front of the NFL equivalent of a maximum security prison filled with 63,000 inmates will be a big plus.:D :D
Improved Secondary & Special teams + "The Black Hole"= SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
Good Luck To All!!!
Joe

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Miami Dolphins....maybe the biggest choke of all time. They went from potentially winning their division with an 11 point lead with 4 minutes remaining to possibly being completely knocked out of the playoffs with a Jets win.
And with the score 34-10 right now, its looking bad for the Dolphins. That has got to hurt !

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I'll tell you who it won't be...the overrated Tom Brady and his Patsies
Wow, what a brave prediction! Please tell me which of this year's play-off participants couldn't be considered overrated? Parity in the NFL has arrived! Including, Brett Farve and his Packers who just got smoked. ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is...
THANK YOU JETS!
The Eagles played kinda crappy yesterday and would have lost home-field advantage had the Jets not upended the Packers.
So the Jets just gave me a wonderful birthday present! :D
Hope you all enjoy the playoffs and GO Eagles!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
AFC
(1) Oakland - bye
(2) Tennesee - bye
(6) Cleveland at (3) Pittsburgh
(5) Indianapolis at (4) New York Jets
NFC
(1) Philadelphia - bye
(2) Tampa Bay - bye
(6) Atlanta at (3) Green Bay
(5) New York Giants at (4)San Fransico
(seed)
The only upset I see next week are the Giants beating the 49ers. That sets up the Eagles/Giants rematch.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
After today's games all of the playoff spots will be set
Not completely true -- if the Bucs lose tonight, the 49ers can move up to the #3 seed if they win tomorrow night. Yeah, it's a technicality...

I've been picking the Eagles for the NFC since early in the season, so I see no reason to stop now. If McNab gets back, they will be tough to beat with home field advantage. The Pack really hurt themselves by not clinching home field against the Jets. I think Green Bay needed Lambeau Field to get to San Diego.

I still think the AFC is a total crap shoot. While the Raiders are the favorites, neither the Titans, Steelers nor Jets should be taken lightly. Tennessee has been playing great football for the past couple of months, and Pittsburgh is putting things together at the right time. There is no hotter team than the Jets right now, either.

That being said, I will be rooting for the Steelers. I've been a Pittsburgh fan since before their first playoff victory in 1972.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Like I wrote earlier, "after today's games all of the playoff spots will be set."

As it turns out I was correct. Perhaps I should have wrote that we will know who all of the playoffs teams are.

After today's games I'll have to think for a while on who I think are the favorites for the playoffs.

Sure as a Raiders' fan I want them to win but the Titans and Jets are playing some good ball right now. If I had to bet I would probably lean towards to the Titans.

I'll post my official prognostications later.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
As I watched the Packers/Jets game, I thought "What if this Pennington kid pulls a Tom Brady?". If he comes in during the season and leads his team to the Super Bowl, where does that put Vinny Testaverde, the Drew Bledsoe if you will?

I figure they'll keep him as a backup to Pennington but I'd kinda like to see him go somewhere like Chicago. They need a QB and they have an excellent corps of wide receivers.

I'm wanting to see what happens with Stephen Davis. I've got him in a keeper league and I'm wondering if I should keep him - it'll depend to which team he lands on.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
where does that put Vinny Testaverde, the Drew Bledsoe if you will?
There's a big difference between the Brady and Pennington situations. The Jets have always considered Pennington the QB of the future in NY -- this season just happened to be the future. Brady was a late round draft pick who was pressed into service due to an injury to the established starter. Also, Vinny's career is winding down, and he will be content as a backup. However, Bledsoe is still in the prime of his career and did not want to take a backseat long term.
That being said, Pennington does look like the real thing. He's intelligent, calm, and makes few mistakes. He certainly helped me win my fantasy league this year. :)

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
You can have all the talent in the world, but all the parts have to be a unit to get it done.

Both NY teams seem to have jelled at the right time. Win or lose this will be fun.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Your Super Bowl matchup will be:
Eagles vs. Jets
The Packers and Titans will also be very impressive, but these are the two teams which believe they can do anything.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The Colts will somehow manage to beat the JETS this week as Manning can outshine (and out play-call) that Pennington fellow.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I'm going to say Titans over Eagles for now. Fortunately I'll have a lot more data before it's time to put my money down (or bid it farewell, as the case may be)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
well, we might as well make this a playoffs first weekend prediction thread.
I'll say:
Pittsburgh over Cleveland.
Jets over Colts.
Packers over Falcons.
and my upset special....
Giants over Niners.
And I agree with you Scott Merryfield re: Saints. Haslet has got to be thinking what the stink happened to my team ?
What happened to Mcaliister, Horn, Brooks et. al ?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I've got the Titans coming out of the AFC. Always go with the hot team. If McNabb is playing like McNabb, it's Eagles in the NFC. If not, Packers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks