What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
I was wondering if anyone knew when season 2 of Twin Peaks was going to see a release on DVD? Has there been even rumours?

And on the Twin Peaks note, is Fire Walk With Me understandable without seeing season 2? Can I just drop into the middle of season 2 on Bravo and figure it out? Any sort of episode guide would help.

Thanks.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
NOoooooooooooooooooo!

don't watch "Fire walk with me" if you've not seen Season 2 - especially if you don't know who killed Laura Palmer, 'cause the film assumes you already know!!!!!!! (kinda!)

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to point out that there are several characters who appear in FWWM that don't really appear in the series until the second season as well, and that might throw you for a bit of a loop were you to go into it blind. The mystery of who killed Laura is of course the major thing that will be spoiled for you if you watch FWWM before Season 2, but there are also a lot of smaller plot points that might lose you should you watch the film first.
And be forewarned that FWWM is an extremely brutal film, in terms of negative emotions. Many people said that one of the things they loved most about the show is the quirkiness and, well, friendliness of the townspeople of TP, and there is very little, if any, of it preserved in the film. The opening shot of the television being smashed
sums up the fact that this is not the television series America fell in love with (and regrettably, fell out of love with) anymore. But, that said, it is a truly beautiful and wonderful film. The atmosphere of the last ten minutes is heartwrenching and still moves me emotionally every time that I watch it.
But yeah, my nonsensical rambling aside, watch Season 2 first. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When I last inquired (in early November 2002) with Artisan's publicity folks about the Twin Peaks Season 2 status, I got this answer that spoke of what a management-type person (whom I am unable to name) said in response:
"As for Twin Peaks, (the person at Artisan) has revealed to me that there is nothing to reveal. He knows nothing, although he knows that it's still in the talks."
Sorry, it's really a non-answer, which is why TVShowsOnDVD didn't publish it. We make a policy of not posting non-news in our news section. :) But that's the situation: nothing for now. Still negotiating and/or strategizing, I guess. :frowning:
In the meantime, Dugpa.com revealed back on May 3rd that Germany can expect Season 2, Part 1 in May 2003! :eek:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps they were working on the video transfers.

If I recall, they were called some of the best looking episodes ever presented on DVD for a TV series. Maybe that's going to take a while for season 2 (what am I saying, they should be done by now.)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I havent picked up FWWM cause its been sooooooo long since I saw the show.
I do have S1 and the "import" pilot but have been waiting with baited breath for S2.
ARRGGGGHHHH!!! :angry:

Ike

Screenwriter
Can someone tell me how far Bravo is on season 2? I recorded last night's shows. Are there plans to re-air, so that I could grab the pilot and season 2?

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
They're up to Episodes 22 and 23 right now, although they're on their second (and as far as I know last) run of the series for the time being. They had been showing one episode at a time, every morning at 5 AM ET, but once they finished up the series, they went back and started reairing them two at a time at some ungodly hour. Like I said, as far as I can tell, this might be the last time Bravo is going to air them for a while, but you might want to check their website to make sure.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I was under the impression that Twin Peaks S1 DVD sold very well -- what the f!#k is Artisan waiting for????

Normally I'm the most patient of people, but it's been so long I may have to re-watch S1 when S2 finally comes out... I was so primed to dig into S2 when we finished S1...

Ted

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've been considering buying the damn Season 2 LDs, even thought I've heard how crappy they are. They've gotta be better than my MPEGs recorded off of Swedish TV though :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather wait on Season 2 then have a rush job on it though. I know that this is easily a release day buy for me.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
There hasn't been much word on this one lately, but since it's been about a year since the S1 release, is there any word on the rest of the series coming to DVD?

Also, any idea whether or not FWWM will still be available when S2 comes out? I'm watching the series for the first time on DVD, and I know that FWWM should be watched after s2, but I'm a little worried that the disc will be out of print by the time the second season makes it out.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if it's at all possible the original U.S. version of the pilot will get a DVD release? Right now, the options are watch the European version and pretend it ends differently, or resort to shady, illegal dealings.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Dan, everybody's got the DVD David refers to, and it's in no way illegal or booted. A perfectly legitimate release, and unfortunately the only one we're likely to see for now.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for this release. I've never watched the show on TV and picked it up when the DVD's came out because you guys were totally raving about the series. I also picked up the pilot. And with the cliff hanger at the end of season 1 I am dying to finish the series. I already purchased FWWM when it came out on DVD to support the series. I haven't not watched FWWM I don't want to spoil season 2. So here I am waiting with baited breath. Also waiting patiently for a small film called Return of the King which isn't due out until December this year. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks