Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Had big date, but am Snowed in!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 03:50 AM

Now that college finals are over, I was going to go on a big date with a girl I've gotten very close to. She lives about 30 miles from me, and Monday (23'rd) it started to snow. And it still hasn't stopped Tuesday morning. I had to cancel the date because we've gotten almost a foot of snow. It was going to be such a great week. Oh well, it could be worse, and we're gonna reschedule, but with her work, and me going out of town, it could be a while. Just maddening. How's the weather with everyone else?

#2 of 22 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,308 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 24 2002 - 05:04 AM

Josh, you got the timing all wrong. You're supposed to get snowed in after you get to her place. Didn't you read the manual? Posted Image

Seriously, sorry to hear about your problem, and hope you can reschedule soon. At the moment it is 86 degrees here, with a chance of thunderstorms, but no snow on the horizon. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#3 of 22 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 05:06 AM

Ugh, really sorry to hear about that. Hope you two can get together soon! There's supposed to be a bit of snow coming soon, so tomorrow might be first white Christmas that I ever knew.

#4 of 22 OFFLINE   DonnyD

DonnyD

Screenwriter

• 1,154 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 06:55 AM

I had one of those "snowed in" kind of dates once. I was living in Georgia and drove up to Tennessee for a visit and took my GF along. We had been there for a couple of days when we got really snowed in.....and three more days passed before we felt the roads were safe enough to return to Georgia. Do I need to add that it didn't take any hot chocolate to keep us warm during our extended visit...?
"There comes a time in the lives of men, when taken at the tide, you're liable to ****ing drown..." R. Farina
"or go broke due to upgraditis..." D. Davis

#5 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 07:18 AM

I can't go home to my mom's today because they have had around 12inches of snow in about 12 hours. She just called and said that the cops are turning people around on the highway due to the visibility. She lives in Joplin, MO just for reference.

I'm two hours north and have not seen a snowflake yet! Posted Image What kind of Christmas is this? No snow?!
God bless!
jeffrey noel

As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

#6 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit

• 307 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 10:17 AM

Hey Jeffrey, I'm here in Republic just west of Springfield and we have gotten 9-10 in of snow here easily. We can't go home to see our families either and it sucks. Oh well, what are you gonna do?
Jeff

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I." -Frank Crow

#7 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 10:49 AM

Well, tonight I'm going to my fiance's grandparents but I will be going to my mom's tomorrow. I don't care how long it will take me, but I'll get there!! Posted Image
God bless!
jeffrey noel

As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

#8 of 22 OFFLINE   Armando Zamora

Armando Zamora

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 11:39 AM

Full on White Christmas here in Maryland. The weather folks are calling for possible 2".

What Joseph said. Get there first, then get snowed in. Posted Image
Have fun on your date when it happens.

Peace

#9 of 22 OFFLINE   Dave Ringkor

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 02:14 PM

The same thing happened to me today. It was to be our second date, and when I suggested we see a movie, she mentioned that we could rent one and asked if I had a stereo. (That would be yes.) She was going to come over and cook me dinner. Damn weather, damn damn weather! We've rescheduled for Friday night though, so that's good.

#10 of 22 OFFLINE   Philip_G

Philip_G

Producer

• 5,035 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 03:07 PM

we didn't have any snow here last week, tuesday it started snowing and it didn't really stop until Monday. Dunno what we have now, 8"? a foot? no idea.

#11 of 22 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 24 2002 - 03:55 PM

Hey it's cool to see other Kansas/Missouri folks on this thread. As for the snow, the only things that bugs me is being stuck in the house with my whole family. The "together time" is getting a little old. Oh well, I love 'em and it could be worse. Posted Image Posted Image

#12 of 22 OFFLINE   Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• 2,857 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 24 2002 - 04:02 PM

Let me see......it's rained here for 2 days straight.

#13 of 22 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

• 1,425 posts

Posted December 25 2002 - 03:26 AM

[quote] It was to be our second date, and when I suggested we see a movie, she mentioned that we could rent one and asked if I had a stereo. (That would be yes.) She was going to come over and cook me dinner. [quote]

Dave, that sounds like a fine woman. I think you need to buy a snowmobile!
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#14 of 22 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted December 25 2002 - 05:21 AM

Well here in Grey Britain it's living up to our typical Christmas weather - grey and overcast and no sign of snow. Come to think of it, this describes practically *any* day in Britain (with the exception of July and August, when the statement about snow is usually superfluous).

#15 of 22 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted December 25 2002 - 07:57 AM

That does suck. Oh well.....Reschedule that date ASAP. Do not wait a second. Pencil it in NOW...Just cause, if you want to date this person, don't let some snow throw you off course and get behind in trying to work out a date. I guess eventually you will anyways, cause you said you're close to them, but ideally, you wanna do it now while the iron is hot. Oh, and perhaps a New Years kiss in your future? Just cheering for you man! We had no real snow and now for Christmas, we got dumped on. A white Chrismas no doubt. Can't complain...
Going from projector to flatscreen for a while.... :P

#16 of 22 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 25 2002 - 09:18 AM

Chris, belive me, I will reschedule as soon as possible. With her work schdeule, and me leaving for a little while over Christmas break it will be a little tougher than usual, but I'll make sure it happens. Don't know about a New Years kiss, but that would definately rule! Posted Image

#17 of 22 OFFLINE   Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit

• 307 posts

Posted December 25 2002 - 10:37 AM

Well, it looks like New England is in for a heck of a snow, 2 foot!!
Jeff

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I." -Frank Crow

#18 of 22 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted December 25 2002 - 12:47 PM

I'm a hopeless romantic, so thats why I was so urgent, and why I suggested the possibility of New Years Eve......who knows Posted Image

#19 of 22 OFFLINE   Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted December 26 2002 - 12:13 AM

Josh - Sorry to hear about your problems. Reschedule it ASAP!

Dave - you lucky dog! Any time a woman prefers to stay at home for a date, make you dinner and rent a movie... Posted Image

On a non-dating note, after the weather people gave us a 0% chance of a white Christmas on Monday morning, Santa surprised us with 6"-7" of the white stuff. It was the most perfect Christmas snow I remember. It started late Christmas Eve (after 11:00pm) and snowed steadily until just almost noon. No white-out, no blizzard conditions, just an easy, steady snow. It looks beautiful!

#20 of 22 OFFLINE   Chris PC

Chris PC

Producer

• 3,994 posts

Posted December 26 2002 - 04:30 AM

Yep. Its still here. Kinda hard to walk and run in, but maybe I'll get snow-shoes Posted Image I should go cross-country skiing soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users