Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

SVS PCi or PC+?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Jason Cald****

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 06:26 PM

I am going to order my Sub soon not sure which i should go with the PCi or PC+? My room is small like 12x15 with a large open wall on one end. I have Polk RT2000's with a CS350 and Polk rears running of a Denon 3200 right now. I like bass, i will use it mainly for movie watching and music listening (club, hip hop, rap). So i am looking for whichever will do the all around job the best. Not sure if that is the 20-39 or the 25-31. Thanks for the help.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter

• 1,117 posts

Posted December 22 2002 - 08:17 PM

Jason; First of all, whether you decide to get a PCi or a PC+, let me suggest that you get the 20-39 model. It sounds great for movies and will most certaily satisfy you musically if you like stuff with a very strong bass pressence. A friend of mine has an original 20-39PC sub and it can really create that thumping dance club beat when he wants it to. Now, should you get the PCi or the PC+ model? That's a trickier question for me to answer, seeing as I have not heard any PC+ subs yet. In a smaller room such as yours, I would think that the PCi would do the job just fine (and for a lower price), but the PC+ may have some advantages I'm not aware of at this time (more articulated bass for instance). I say, if money is big concern, get the PCi model. If you have a little extra cash to spend, go ahead and get the PC+.
-J.Fo

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 12:46 AM

just heard a 20-39 pc+ last night for the first time and can tell you, you will not be sorry. what a beast!!!!!! well worth the extra $ .

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Patrick TX

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 02:06 AM

I have a 30X40 room (for sale), & a 2531PC+. I have NEVER had my world rocked like this before. I live on an acre, and can hear/feel the BASS from the street! There is no way I can turn it up more than 1/3. It is an absolute BEAST. It has never bottomed out, even on the SICK BASS scenes from Attack of the Clones & Monsters Inc. I have read posts of PCi's bottoming on these scenes. I am glad I did the 2531+, as there is no way the Wife could do a taller one. ANY SVS you buy is a great choice, especially with your room. I would suggest you start a dialog with Tom or Ron @ SVS. They can really break it down for you. If you suffer from "Buyers Remorse" (like I USED TO), you may look at a +.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   J. Redcay

J. Redcay

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 02:07 AM

Hi Jason; I have both the original 20-39 and the 20-39PC+. The output of the newer version is more pronounced and overall a better unit, but I can tell you for sure you won't be disappointed with either selection. Jeff

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jason Cald****

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted December 23 2002 - 09:44 AM

Thanks i think i will go with the 20-39 PC+ probably next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users