What's new

SVS PCi or PC+? (1 Viewer)

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to order my Sub soon not sure which i should go with the PCi or PC+?

My room is small like 12x15 with a large open wall on one end.

I have Polk RT2000's with a CS350 and Polk rears running of a Denon 3200 right now.

I like bass, i will use it mainly for movie watching and music listening (club, hip hop, rap). So i am looking for whichever will do the all around job the best. Not sure if that is the 20-39 or the 25-31.

Thanks for the help.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Jason;

First of all, whether you decide to get a PCi or a PC+, let me suggest that you get the 20-39 model. It sounds great for movies and will most certaily satisfy you musically if you like stuff with a very strong bass pressence. A friend of mine has an original 20-39PC sub and it can really create that thumping dance club beat when he wants it to.

Now, should you get the PCi or the PC+ model? That's a trickier question for me to answer, seeing as I have not heard any PC+ subs yet. In a smaller room such as yours, I would think that the PCi would do the job just fine (and for a lower price), but the PC+ may have some advantages I'm not aware of at this time (more articulated bass for instance). I say, if money is big concern, get the PCi model. If you have a little extra cash to spend, go ahead and get the PC+.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
just heard a 20-39 pc+ last night for the first time and can tell you, you will not be sorry. what a beast!!!!!! well worth the extra $ .

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 30X40 room (for sale), & a 2531PC+. I have NEVER had my world rocked like this before. I live on an acre, and can hear/feel the BASS from the street! There is no way I can turn it up more than 1/3. It is an absolute BEAST. It has never bottomed out, even on the SICK BASS scenes from Attack of the Clones & Monsters Inc. I have read posts of PCi's bottoming on these scenes. I am glad I did the 2531+, as there is no way the Wife could do a taller one. ANY SVS you buy is a great choice, especially with your room. I would suggest you start a dialog with Tom or Ron @ SVS. They can really break it down for you. If you suffer from "Buyers Remorse" (like I USED TO), you may look at a +.

J. Redcay

Agent
Hi Jason;
I have both the original 20-39 and the 20-39PC+. The output
of the newer version is more pronounced and overall a better unit, but I can tell you for sure you won't be disappointed with either selection.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks