What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/24 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
[c] [/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a four-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!
Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo__SamsClb
Adventures of Pluto Nash__$20.24__$19.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever_$20.24__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Blood Work-WS (Fri 12/27)_$20.24__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Trapped___________________$20.97__$19.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]
* BE CAREFUL! Clint Eastwood's Blood Work, available Friday Dec. 27th (and which might be caught up in after-Christmas sales), is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.
* K-Mart has Pluto Nash and Ballistic for $19.95 each.
* I can't get to Target's sale prices this morning, so if anyone has a flyer from their newspaper, please post any deals they have. Thanks!
* WORST ROUNDUP EVER! Nothing but crap this week. I couldn't even come up with a good quote for the top, so what I put there instead says it all. From me to you, have a great one!
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None.

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
Merry Christmas to all

Dave,
Especially to you and your family for taking the time to take care of us.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I wouldn't have bought anything this week anyway. Still going through all that I bought this past week.

Anyway.

Thanks for all of your efforts during the year Dave. It is much appreciated. Heres wishing you & your family a safe and healthy holiday season.

Joe

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Yes thanks Dave. This thread is the FIRST thing I read each week to see where I can get the best deal on the new releases. This has been very helpful and time consuming for you.
Thanks again Dave! We should have an award for Dave as HTF Member of the Year! :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:b Thanks. I hardly think Ron will put me down for "HTF Member of the Year", but I appreciate the thought behind that! Have a Merry one!

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Dave! I love the Weekly RoundUp With People. :)
On a side note, the Star Wars mockumentary "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" will be available starting Thursday, the 26th at Best Buy and Suncoast locations (I don't believe any other store is carrying it). Best Buy will have it on sale for $4.99, and I think Suncoast is selling it for $9.99.
This is a cute little piece about the life and times of Artoo-Detoo, in the VH1 Behind the Music style--featuring Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Richard Dreyfuss, Francis Ford Coppola, and Carrie Fisher, among others, describing their experience with the galaxy's feistiest astromech. Its only twenty minutes long, and its been available on the web (www.starwars.com) for about a year, but its easily worth a laugh or two. I've already shown it to a few family members, none of whom give a crap about Star Wars, and everybody liked it.
I'm a Star Wars fan, and if you Artoo ;) , pick this disc up.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Matt, thanks for mentioning it in detail. I got e-mails from several people pointing out that I'd forgotten it. Hey, everyone shoulda just posted the info like Matt did! :)
One was from a Media Play employee, who says they are selling it for $6.99 "while supplies last" (and it will be mentioned that way in an ad; thanks Jake). I am told all advance copies are reserved at Suncoast and Mediaplay, and that the listings are gone from their sites.
I'm also told this will be sold "one per customer" at all locations. Matt, did you hear this at Best Buy?

Jon Torres

Second Unit
Is this "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" any different from the special feature on the AOTC dvd? I thought I remember seeing that a couple weeks ago.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
The thing on the AOTC DVD is the trailer for the BTD special. It's what--six minutes long? The full thing (which is broken up into three parts--which you can watch separately, or back-to-back) is twenty. Most of the best parts are included in the trailer, but there are still some funny bits left out. The trailer is not included on the BTD.
Another side note: In Indianapolis in May, during the Star Wars Celebration II, I got to hang out with Don Bies for a little bit. Don, besides being the head "droid wrangler" for Lucasfilm, is the guy who came up with the idea for BTD, and he wrote and filmed a lot of it (he's also in it for a few shots). It was neat to be able to hear some of his anecdotes from the movies and from BTD. And yes, that was a "real" Artoo they used during the bungy-jumping
scenes. . . :eek:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hi, this is my first post! :) Well, anyway...
Originally posted by Matt Birchall
On a side note, the Star Wars mockumentary "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome" will be available starting Thursday, the 26th at Best Buy and Suncoast locations (I don't believe any other store is carrying it). Best Buy will have it on sale for $4.99
R2-D2 is the one title I want this week, and at $5, I'm all over it. Wonder why they didn't just put it on the Episode II DVD as an extra along with the trailer, though. From what I hear, this is an extremely limited item; makes me wonder why they put it out in the first place if only a handful of copies were being made. I'll have to take someone with me so I can get two, because I know someone who would like it. Again, though, why they didn't just put it on Episode II is beyond me. That's what I would have done, anyway....

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
If they would have put it on the AOTC DVD, then the Star Wars schmucks like us wouldn't have anything left to buy. . . :)
Also forgot to mention that the disc is in anamorphic widescreen--even the classic original trilogy clips. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Merry Christmas David for all your hard work this year. As with many, the only item I am getting is the R2-D2 dvd from Best Buy along with maybe a dvd or two I missed out over the year. That and Game and Watch 4 for the GBA. :D

Chris Richard

Auditioning
Merry Christmas, Dave, to you and your family. I look forward to your roundup every Sunday. It's a great deal of work and I DO appreciate it.

You also add a lot to other forums here at HTF and on DVDTalk. I'm not a big TV on DVD fan but all of your contributions to the DVD community are tireless and a wonderful help to all of us hopeless DVD fanatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks